Getting this motherboard.

if it was me, i would never buy an open box or recertified motherboards.
i just dont trust them, and a lot of people have bad experience with them.

What about your motherboard? Do you like it? I'm looking for overclocking capability, SLI and room to upgrade in the future.

my board is pretty outdated, but its good for what i do.
mines is the cut down version of the regular 680i, so the OC isnt as great.
But i think the 750i is about the same as mine.
If you want a good OC board, Nvidia chipsets are that great for it, you wont get a major OC compared to the other boards for the price.
Might be hard to SLI 8800GT, since they dont make them anymore, so whats out now are pretty much the last one. So might be better to get a better OC board that doesnt have SLI, unless you plan to get 2 new cards soon. or another 8800GT when you get the board.

i think when the i7 releases, then the LGA775 boards will go down in price.

EDIT- hmm what you know.. its already out.

It's because my parents are getting me a 42" television for christmas. My 8800gt alone will not be able to handle games.

If I were you I'd sell it, try to get as much out of it as possible, then buy a really good card such as a HD4870X2 or a GTX280 in order to run at a high res.

I highly doubt anyone is going to buy my 8800GT. I can't afford a $450.00 to $550.00 card. I'd rather spend $150 on the mother board and $125 on the card and get decent results. I'd had to save up for 2 months to get one of those cards. Especially if I don't sell my motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom