can't get on newegg

and you cant see the hosts file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc ?
cos ive got xp pro sp3 and i can see it clear as day here

I can but i don't wanna do a work around for 1 site that is only a problem in one physical location. I'll do it if nothing else works but until then..

no i was just going to say stick it in there to test and see if it works cos at least then you can be sure that its a dns error
then remove it and try to find the fix

also have you tried a tracert on the newegg address to see whats happeneing

Ok, so adding that into the hosts file clears it up. I did a tracert on it with it in, it loops through a few roadrunner servers then hits newegg. The moment I try the tracert without it in the host file, it goes back to that other ip and errors out.

And for Ant, the full uninstall and reinstall did not fix it.

Thanks for the link. I was set to "2" like the guy who made that, but chaning it to 1 didn't help... I'm starting to think this place just hates me.

Well, I have been having pc issues aswell, big time lag and I just couldn't understand why, so I cleaned it and defragged it, did system restore, cleaned it, ccleaner, avg scan it, man nothing, i close alot more tasks nothing, i tired changing to higher settings and less themes being used still laggy, I restart my pc again for the 1millionth time and well, I think it has something to do with avg as it's running fine and when I close it it happens, not the fact this has anything to do with your problem but atleast you no your not the only one, well wait, now mines fixed hahaha lol, joking man, but this is pissing me off also about your problem

EDIT: Why not try just unhooking your router and try with a direct connection.

Back
Top Bottom