My New Build...

hobojoe

Solid State Member
Hey guys new here, finally getting around to doing a new build the 4 year old just isint cutting it anymore. So far i have the following:

WD external 1tb HDD
WD Internal 350gb HDD
WD Internal 250gb HDD

Antec 900 Case

Just wanted to see what all your thoughts were as to options? right now im looking on going asus mobo with a quad and sli'd evga gt9800 soc.

depending on whats your budget, and what you want to use your computer for.

Ahhh good point. left that out. Gaming/music/ and lots of web apps. 1k id like to say

oh and teny haha im in colorado too.

do you want to spend as much as $1000, or as low as possible?
Do you need things like monitors, mouse, keyboard, etc?

where at?

I would go with an E8600, an HD4870, and a good X48/P45 chipset for good OC'ing. Gaming on a quad-core won't do you much. I also don't recommend getting a quad-core anymore because the i7's are out. If you want something for heavy multi-threading processing just go ahead and get the i7's quad-cores with hyper-threading.

Does the OP actually overclock though? And he might only have a 19" panel, in which case a HD 4870 would be pretty pointless.

I do know how to OC. i have a roomie whos also a big comp guy too. anyways ive got 2 19" HP lcds brand new. and i just picked up my 64 bit vista home premium and the evga 780sli mobo yesterday so im going intel. so what all do you have to say with these facts?

teny - colorado springs

Back
Top Bottom