power supply and graphics card (hopefully last question, haha)

mspike

Solid State Member
Alright guys, with your help I have narrowed down my graphics card and I think I will be getting this. Now, I know I need a new power supply because stupid Dell only gave me a 375W, probably for energy star or something. Anyway, do you guys recomend either of these here and here? thanks again guys and hopefully this will be my last thread, haha.

I would recommend the Cooler Master PSU. The other one has a slightly higher output on one of the 12V rails, but for $3 savings, I would rather go with a company I hear of constantly.

Yup, of the two, the Cooler Master would be the best one to get. The Apevia units do not have a very good track record.

might want to research your dell first. I've read somplace some dell computers use a special power supply made specifically for their mainboards, utilizing a different wire configuration than a standard power supply.

Anyway, I have a Dell XPS 420 with a quad core, 4 gigs of ram, and an ATI radeon HD 2400 Pro, and I'm running Vista I think 32 bit

Really, I've noticed only the older Dells have the propreitary hardware. Anything that's somewhat recent uses the same old stuff (well with the exception of the motherboard). I just pulled a power supply about a week ago out of a two year old Dell and they are not propreitary. Same ol' connector. Even down to the pin configuration.

yeah, mine's a dell xps420, so I think it will be new enough, haha.

Anyway, the Antec or cooler master then? Anymore opinions?

Back
Top Bottom