can't get on newegg

Hmmm, interesting. Cookies and temp files cleared, right? Any settings that you recently changed in Internet settings? Did you flush the DNS? I just pinged www.newegg.com again and got the same IP address I posted earlier. I still think it's something to do with DNS.

Yeah, every option that ipconfig has for dns flushing and clearing i've done.

can anyone try pining 169.254.1.1 (which is what I get when pinging the url) and see if it works for them?

can anyone try pining 169.254.1.1 (which is what I get when pinging the url) and see if it works for them?

Just pinged that exact ip and every request times out, though when I ping www.newegg.com it works. It seems that your computer may be trying to access a website that doesn't exist.

The ip it gives me for newegg is 216.52.208.185

169.254.1.1 is an invalid address. That's an APIPA address, which means that your host isn't communicating with Newegg. Is there maybe something involving a firewall restriction or something? The entire 169.254 subnet usually means that an IP address wasn't resolved. You already power-cycled the router and the modem. When I ping 169.254.1.1 (already knowing it's not Newegg), it loops back to my workstation IP. I imagine you have already tried this, but have you tried one more release and renew of your IP address? Also, just for S & G, what's the DNS server IP address when you run an IPCONFIG /ALL?

My DNS server is picking up as 10.0.0.1 which is the same as my router's IP here.

I'm pretty sure the router isn't at fault. Like I said, my girlfriends laptop could get to newegg and it's connected to the same router...

I just remember i installed visual studio yesterday... I"m gonig to try uninstalling tha tand see where I get, but if you ahve any other ideas let me know

If you haven't already, try to rebuild your IP stack with the following command:

Code:
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

I'm running out of ideas.

I looked before in firewall and didnt' see it. I'll look again.

I just undid everything I did the last time it was working and still nothing.

I have to get going now, but I'll get back to you in a few hours with firewall stuff.

i've solved it!! i know the answer!! just type in tigerdirect.com, and do all your computer part shopping from there from now on!...haha, i'm out of ideas? when all else fails...reformat!

Back
Top Bottom