HDtv not HD

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
i have a phillips 32inch 2004 crt widescreen tv and it has rgb inputs. And ive connected my ps3 to it and its not any better then the yellow input. i go into my ps3 display settings and i try to set it to display atleast 480p and when i do my screen goes blank.

Is there something im not doing right?

I doubt it's the same for the ps3, but the xbox has a little switch that you have to flip for hd. one way you can only use 480i and the other is for all others. I was running my xbox at 1080p over component until I picked up my elite and had an hdmi port.

i have a phillips 32inch 2004 crt widescreen tv and it has rgb inputs. And ive connected my ps3 to it and its not any better then the yellow input. i go into my ps3 display settings and i try to set it to display atleast 480p and when i do my screen goes blank.

Is there something im not doing right?

thats because your crt tv is only 480i lol

If its CRT I highly doubt its HD. HD came out after LCD/plasma displays. Like the others said, check if it has a HDMI socket on the back

thats because your crt tv is only 480i lol

LoL, I didn't even notice he said CRT. Completely missed it. The most you could get is probably 480p, but most of them are labeled to support it. I have a 24" TV that has the Component video and only does 480i.

Basically OP, you don't have an HDTV. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom