Laptop sound error

Jaymo

Baseband Member
Hi everyone,

I've recently bought a lapop from a friend. Here are the specs:

Acer aspre 3660
Windows xp media edition 2005 (SP3)
CPU: Intel Celeron M 420 @ 1.60Ghz
RAM:512MB Ram (but for some reason it says 448mb of ram)
GFX:ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Series
HDD: 80gb

Currently when I use the laptop the sound tends to go extremely slow at times (while logging in, loading applications etc while music is playing etc) I'm not really sure how to solve this problem.

Also why does my 512mb ram stick display as only 448mb?

One more thing; how do i create a recovery disc for xp media edition? As it only came with an oem install on the laptop.

Also if anyone would like to recommend any type of upgrades for this laptop, please feel free to add your comments. Im currently awaiting an order of a 2gb stick of ram.

You might need to give it a clean up, lets clean your pc, download http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloading now install and then clean your pc and the registry.

Once you have done this give the laptop a good defrag, click start, all programs, accessories, system tools and click defragment and run it, it should take along time 30mins-2 hours maybe a little longer.

as to your ram it's because you have onboard video and some of the system ram is assigned to the onboard video card.

any good cheap laptop gfx cards i could purchase to add in....not sure if it is even possible with this laptop?

**btw i am not an expert with laptop hardward - only deal with towers**

Graphics cards for laptops are kind of expensive, like 200poind+ and labour.

As to can you get one? No, yours is integrated

well ive repaired the sound problem, it was mainly due to when the pc is running alot of things or starting up it would cause the sound to slow down. I got 2gb ram from a friend and it seems to have solved the problem.

So An acer aspire 3660 (more details in 1st post) for sale....fully working.

Any offers? :D

Back
Top Bottom