Just Got Me a 160GB External Harddrive

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
I've always wanted one, and I found one for $59.95 and I didn't have to pay tax. I searched Newegg and the cheapest 160GB there was also $59.95 so I guess I got a good deal.

I got this one: http://www.verbatim.com/products/de...2F&cat_id=811491E3-1143-3415-5F489CFD91C8F317

It came Mac formatted (HFS+) and I have Macdrive installed and I wanted to format it to FAT32 so I had some problems there but I eventually got it. I like it. It's USB 2.0 and Firewire 400 and you don't need an external power supply. If you are using USB you have to use 2 USB ports. I couldn't get it to work via Firewire under Vista, I'll try it in Leopard later.

oh nice, ive been looking for a good deal. my moms friend needs one to put all her pictures on (she has a nikon d70 and takes tons of pics in raw format).

Yeah, I just transferred all my music and pictures to it via firewire (I got it working under Vista, also works great in Leopard on PC). Next up: videos. I just gotta get them all off of my iPod.

i really need one, so i can get all the TOP GEAR episodes on it, and all my music.....save me some space and gets me to reinstall my games :D

nice one tho....lucky :D

I haven't seen Top Gear in a LONG TIME...I think I saw it once on the Discovery Channel, not sure what happened to it.

I saw where Amazon was selling this model you got for around $109. Dell wanted $186 for it. :eek: Nice deal, mate.

Back
Top Bottom