My other laptop stopped working!!! I need help figuring out whats wrong with it.

jimmy2o9

Baseband Member
My other laptop stopped working!!! I need help figuring out whats wrong with it. It wont turn on anymore and before that it would turn on for a little while then turn off before it loaded windows vista. Is this most likely a virus instead of the power adapter?

It's most likely not a virus if it will not power on at this point. Does the laptop show any indication of receiving power (i.e. charging light when plugged in)? If so, does your battery show any charge (if it has one of those meters)? I'm thinking somewhere you have a hardware issue.

I used my other laptops power adapter and it works. Now it will boot windows but then it says windows update stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete. After that it never finishes the update and than it shuts down and restarts and it just keeps repeating this process. Before all this the computer asked me if i wanted to do system repair or boot normally. I choose to boot normally. Is there anyway when it boots up to run system repair manually cause system repair doesn't show up anymore.

You can try leaving the laptop plugged in, but turned off and allow the battery to charge for a few hours (providing there is a charge light as computer head mentioned). I would assume that its 90% not a virus but more probable to be a hardware issue.

Have you recently upgraded onto vista from xp on this machine?
Have you tried a different laptop adapter?

Also you should try looking at your boot options (safe mode, last known good configuration etc). what specs is your laptop?

You can try leaving the laptop plugged in, but turned off and allow the battery to charge for a few hours (providing there is a charge light as computer head mentioned). I would assume that its 90% not a virus but more probable to be a hardware issue.

Have you recently upgraded onto vista from xp on this machine?
Have you tried a different laptop adapter?

Also you should try looking at your boot options (safe mode, last known good configuration etc). what specs is your laptop?

I used my other laptops power adapter and it works. Now it will boot windows but then it says windows update stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete. After that it never finishes the update and than it shuts down and restarts and it just keeps repeating this process. Before all this the computer asked me if i wanted to do system repair or boot normally. I choose to boot normally. Is there anyway when it boots up to run system repair manually cause system repair doesn't show up anymore. I dont know the specs.

It sounds like a Windows update gone bad. That's happened to me before. Try booting into Safe Mode and running system restore back to a date when it was working.

It sounds like a Windows update gone bad. That's happened to me before. Try booting into Safe Mode and running system restore back to a date when it was working.

How do I run it in safe mode and run system restore back to a date when it was working?

How do I run it in safe mode and run system restore back to a date when it was working?

When your computer turns on, right after it gets past the first screen (with the manufacturer or whatnot), press F8 repeatedly until a menu comes up. Use the arrow keys to choose "Safe Mode" and press enter to boot into safe mode. From there, run system restore by going to Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore. Then restore to a previous point in time. It should pop up a calendar with available restore points.

When your computer turns on, right after it gets past the first screen (with the manufacturer or whatnot), press F8 repeatedly until a menu comes up. Use the arrow keys to choose "Safe Mode" and press enter to boot into safe mode. From there, run system restore by going to Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore. Then restore to a previous point in time. It should pop up a calendar with available restore points.

Is there a way to do that before windows start cause even in safe mode I don't think I will get past the update that's gone bad.

you can put your vista repair disk in.

if you do not have one you can make one, download this:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

You need a torrent program to download, so lets start of with download Bitlord from bitlord.com and choose stable version, now download and install, now click http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/ and download which ever one your windows is, i'm gussing it's 32bit, anyhow, download it via bitlord and then when it's done follow this

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

goodluck man

Back
Top Bottom