Firefox search bar

cowdood

Baseband Member
I recently installed AIM 6 on my computer, and with it came an aol search bar apparently. The search bar used to redirect to google, so when I searched for "best buy" for example, it would automatically redirect to bestbuy.com

Now the AOL search bar has it's own search engine that it uses. I want it off. I have gone into the add-ons section of firefox and taken it off, but it won't go away. I have also uninstalled AIM in add or remove programs, and also re-installed firefox, but it's still there. How can I remove it and set the default back to google?

right click an empty space in your firefox window bar, like a grey space under the address bar, and you can pick wat to show and wat not to.

It's not listed there, it's like the aim search bar is integrated into the address bar. It's not a stand-alone add-on or anything.

Uninstall AIM completely, then reinstall with out the tool bar install (so unclick the box) they always trick people like that. Read EVERYTHING when installing stuff. I also hate add-ons like that, I like my pc clean.

Back
Top Bottom