Children In Need... a p!ss take?

Xinam

In Runtime
For those of you in the UK, don't you think, like me, that this years Children In Need appeal is a p!ss take in the current financial climate - the Credit Crunch and all.

I believe it's totally unacceptable for the BBC to be appealing once again for our hard earned cash when we are struggling to heat our homes and run our cars, good causes or not. :mad:

Obviously, raising money for charity is too much for some :rolleyes:

If you have a problem with money raising events like this, just ignore it or don't give money - but why should all those people who wanted to give money not do so just because of one sour grape?

If they were indeed taking the piss, I'm sure they wouldn't have had as much money as they have - its entirely up to each individual to give money when the opportunity appears. :mad:

I'm not criticising those who donate to good causes, indeed I have given to Children In Need in the past. I'm not against the notion of charity, merely that a bit of common sense wouldn't have gone amiss, and they might have cancelled or postponed this years event until some stability in the money markets and our own pockets ensued.

For those of you in the UK, don't you think, like me, that this years Children In Need appeal is a p!ss take in the current financial climate - the Credit Crunch and all.

I believe it's totally unacceptable for the BBC to be appealing once again for our hard earned cash when we are struggling to heat our homes and run our cars, good causes or not. :mad:

i can see your point that familys are struggling to keep their heads above the line but children in need is a serious charity. you dont need to donate but for the people that feel they can, might and every little helps even if it is a small amount.

those in need may need even greater need now that the credit card crunch has hit everyone

If you've got a problem with them, then don't give them any of you're money. Sounds pretty simple to me.

Why should they not do it at all just because you don't have any money. There are plenty of people out there that are doing just fine and would donate money to them. It's not like they are knocking on the door with a gun forcing you to write the check. Quit whining about something that doesn't affect you anyway. If other people give money that's there business, if you don't, that's yours. Kind of selfish to ask them to not do it just because some people don't have money when other do.:rolleyes:

Two people not even from the UK, don't know what Children In Need is post in a thread which clearly says at the start, "for those of you in the UK"!

Two people not even from the UK, don't know what Children In Need is post in a thread which clearly says at the start, "for those of you in the UK"!

Last time I checked the rules, I didn't see anything about not being able to post in certain threads because they say "UK only" or something along those lines. Unless David or a moderator tell me not to post in a thread, I'm going to stick to the rules and post wherever I please.

Life is a circle. What goes around, comes around. If you give just a little when you need some help it will come back to you.
And even if some of us are not from the UK it doesn't mean we don't know about the Children in Need program over there. We have Toys for Tots, United Way, and things of that nature.
If you don't want to donate this season then don't. But please don't try to muck it up for those that do.

Back
Top Bottom