What is my weaklink?

hjsmith00843

Baseband Member
This was my first computer build. I finished it about 6 months ago and it runs smooth. Here are my stats.

Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00 GHZ
NIVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS Video Card
BioStar P4M890-M7 TE
4.00 GB DDR2 Memory
400 GB Hard Drive Space (ide)
modular power supply

I am thinking i should upgrade my mobo.

Its okay I guess, but you said its running smooth, so why upgrade at all, if your not doing anything thats making it lag?

well to answer your question, from what you have...you could probably upgrade your video card and CPU.

For the CPU you probably want to get something dual core or quad core.
As for videocard...you could probably want to aim on getting an 8800 or 9800.
For the CPU upgrade, you'll probably want to upgrade your mobo as well at the same time like you said above.
What would be your budget?

I would have helped too, if the guy didn't mention it all ran smooth.
Maybe if he mentioned he plays games, did editing, etc, it would help.
But to say it runs smooth, suggests to me its running in tip top, working condition, that works for everything he wants it to do.
Sorry

I would have helped too, if the guy didn't mention it all ran smooth.
Maybe if he mentioned he plays games, did editing, etc, it would help.
But to say it runs smooth, suggests to me its running in tip top, working condition, that works for everything he wants it to do.
Sorry

No, you are absolutely right, before i posted i read what he wrote and your reply...and i was thinking to myself...why the hell does he want to upgrade if he's happy with how its performing.

But i just gave him a suggestion since i guess its something he just wants to do. But you're right Kage, if he says its running smooth...then he's happy with it...so kind of pointless upgrading.

My processor is duel core. I am about to start playing games. I never do any editing. Right now I have my processor over clocked to 3.67 GHZ each. Runs around 47 degress C.

My video card will be upgraded. I do know that the mobo and the memory has 2 different ratings. My other board is rated I think at 667mhz and my memory at 800mhz.

I am not a big computer builder so I am unsure of the exact numbers. When I do that vista test it rates my computer at a 4.6. I am running the 32 bit system.

Thanks so far for the information and sorry I left out some vital information as well.

Back
Top Bottom