Need Web-Site Ideas

All the practical things have already been taken really, (ie video games, pc's, music etc) so you'll have to think outside the box...besides, it's always the websites that score at least a 150 on the batsh*t crazy meter that are popular, you gotta think outside the box...

With that in mind, I think you should make a site that is completely devoted to something like

- Rain
- The letter Q
- Light Switches
- Rosie O Donnels Pants
- Winston Churchills Cigars
- Dental Floss
- Bannana Peels

Or a off the wall review site...like review the pros and cons of stuff like

- Glass cups as compared to plastic ones, which is better? which keeps your drink colder? which has a longer life? do hand washing cups as compared to dishwashing cups give them a longer life?

- Toasters versus Toaster Ovens? which cooks your food better? which is more convienent? can you really get radiation sickness from them? which is better for cooking grilled cheeses?

- Peanuts to Pecans? which do YOU like better?

- World dictator beauty pageant, where users vote in which historical despot is the greater stud. Will it be Hitler? Chavez? Ceaser? Castro? Pol Pot? or how about that chap Stalin?

- Who has the worlds sexiest mustache? with different categories for men as well as women!

- A Website tracking the development, struggles and triumph of the Baked Bean

- Why are the buttons on men and womens shirts on opposite sides? (something that I've always wanted to know)

I haven't checked if any of these exist, all these are just off the top of my head but they are some food for thought anyway;)

LOL those are some good ideas Ahyoka! Probably something that I need to keep in mind is I need something that can easily be designed. I am not good at writing code for websites so I like to find a concept that I could use an open-source script for. I am thinking about maybe some review site, but I will have to consider my options.

Argh, I know how you feel.

I've realized now, that you really need to think about an idea before you just jump straight into it. Try and find a niche!

Ive been through 4 websites and my one with a niche is successful :) Its the only forum in that niche at the moment :)

I've decided to try out a new forum about caring for domestic birds. I just adopted two more parakeets so that's kinda what gave me the idea. I didn't really see much of a population for bird forums ... the only one I really saw was for bird watching (wild birds). I plan on sticking to domestic birds ... parakeets, cockatiels, finches, etc. Thanks for the ideas everyone.

Back
Top Bottom