Running Computer Games

PCI Express 2.0 x16 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots, support ATI CrossFireX technology, at x8 link
(black at max. x8 link)
PCI Express x4 1 x PCI Express x16 slot at max. x4 link(black)
PCI Express x1 2
PCI Slots 2

This is the mobo i am looking at, but I was wondering if I can use agp type slot. Or should I go PCI, and should I go PCI express 2.0?

:confused: Not if you are using cs2 =P

I have noticed cs3 and cs4 run WAY SLOWER.

As for this little topic. I would recommend upgrading the computer entirely but of course that is just me. As for the 2GB and 4GB issue. 4GB IS technically better, but with that board.. he isn't going to need it. He will have to upgrade to play games that will need 4GB's to run smoothly anyway..

It probs because you work with smaller image size

I use to have cs2 and use to have 2gb ram, I use to go into Imageready and edit animation and it would lag like hell, this is why you expand your ram and get 4gb like I did now it's perfect.
Well my friend did but I did it and told him

Also cs4 is stupid, I have no idea why they added cs4 on

PCI Express 2.0 x16 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots, support ATI CrossFireX technology, at x8 link
(black at max. x8 link)
PCI Express x4 1 x PCI Express x16 slot at max. x4 link(black)
PCI Express x1 2
PCI Slots 2

This is the mobo i am looking at, but I was wondering if I can use agp type slot. Or should I go PCI, and should I go PCI express 2.0?

Go with PCI-E X16 or PCI-E 2.0, 2.0 is the faster of the two but real world performance is not noticeable.

Post a link to the motherboard your looking at man, thanks

I know he doesn't need 4GB, but 1GB seems a little lacking for games nowadays.

It is, but basically his whole system is lacking for games now a days.. He needs to build a new one.

Agreed?

get 4gb, someone said future proof

I agree

You dont even need 4GB for photoshop. Well, the average user doesn't, anyway.

Games do eat up the ram, though... But not many eat up 4GB.

Let me put this straight, Photoshop can and does take advantage of more than 2GB of RAM.

What would you recommend for the processor? The quad core, or the Core 2 Duo. Will the quad core at 2.6 run games that require lets say a 3 GHz processor?

Here is what I got so far for my system that I want to build. I have about 3 processors on their and just trying to decide which one to get I am not going to get all 3. I still need to add RAM to it. Just having some trouble finding the right stuff. I try to use the guide on newegg but they dont show anything for a psq series. But I think I need DDR2 1200. 240 pin.

http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Submit=view

What would you recommend for the processor? The quad core, or the Core 2 Duo. Will the quad core at 2.6 run games that require lets say a 3 GHz processor?

Here is what I got so far for my system that I want to build. I have about 3 processors on their and just trying to decide which one to get I am not going to get all 3. I still need to add RAM to it. Just having some trouble finding the right stuff. I try to use the guide on newegg but they dont show anything for a psq series. But I think I need DDR2 1200. 240 pin.

http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Submit=view

If you were strictly gaming i would get the 8500, but if you love multitasking get the Q6600.

How much do you have to spend on a vidcard? the 4850 and 4870 are amazing cards.

The board looks great and allows you to crossfire the above cards.

Get 4GB of DDR2 1066 and you will be set. (Good PSU/Case too)
you can push the speed of some 1066 Modules to DDR 1200, even if you dont it will work fine in your board.

But if you want the fastest DDR2 memory get DDR1200.... There will be VERY little performance increase like (1-2%). But some people will pay more for that.

Here is the DDR 1200 I would get, if you choose that route.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220348

Why does ram get limited to how fast it can run if there are two sticks in? Lets say if I have 2 x 1gb ram, why wont it run at 2 gb then? But the options under my computer show 2 gb.

And if I get 2 graphics cards going do they have to be the same model and brand or can I mix and match?

Back
Top Bottom