Help Me! (Again)

I read your post on the green capacitor thingy, I'm not sure what that is. None of my PSU's ever came with anything like that. Take a second to make sure your RAM is seated all the way in. I forgot to do that once and had the hardest time figuring out what it was.

Alright. Thanks for the help, btw :)

My RAM and everything checks out well. - When my old PSU is plugged in, everything works fine. I'm hoping that this green capacitor thing is the issue.

That thing; the green thing the arrow is pointing to. But I think the PSU is dead.

I guess I'll just send it in and get a new one. :(

Thanks a lot for all your help, guys. I always know I can come here and get some sound advice. :)

(I'm plugging in my graphics card because I'm feeling particularly apathetic in terms of what happens to my old PSU. Now, with my luck, hopefully my MB doesn't explode)

The final test... ...

... failed. :(

Thanks, Cabbs. You've been a huge help, man. I think, tomorrow at work, I'm going to call up Newegg and see what I can do about getting another PSU.

Though, I did plug in my Graphics Card and get a sweet taste of what's to come. I was running WoW at full settings around 70-fps. My PSU didn't blow out, but the card did get increasingly hotter while the FPS / screen-quality began decreasing, so I took it out before anything bad could happen.

That's too bad. Good luck on the RMA, Newegg's usually pretty good with their customer service.

Very good.

I called this morning: "Well, sir, the product is not worth returning. We'll go ahead and send you a new one."

The only downside is that I have to wait 5 more days.

Damn you, weekends.

that thing on your psu was your temp gage I think.

Also is it defo your power?

if so sweet, atleast you know it's something then not knowing what it is at all

Also make sure you have good solid cooling in the pc and try post the temp of: cpu/g card/memory and inside the pc

Back
Top Bottom