Running Computer Games

Why would it not be the problem if the problem goes away after gaming for a while? It sounds like Windows is emptying things out of the RAM that aren't needed to make room for the game.

Possibly some scheduled task taking resources, issues with his windows install, could be a number of things...

bottom line is he does not need 4 gigs of ram. He needs a well rounded system to play these games

I know he doesn't need 4GB, but 1GB seems a little lacking for games nowadays.

because he is using SDRAM...there is nothing future proof about SDRAM.

So if I were able to get DDR, or DDR2 or better but with 2-512mb ram would game work better?

I was also looking through my computer and was wondering if changing the virtual memory would do anything? Its set at about 1500 I believe.

Yea I was just saying if I were able to have a mobo that could take better than sdram would it run better while still using 2-512's.

If you bought a new motherboard,you would need to buy new RAM.Running 2 sticks of RAM in Dual Channel will get you better performance than 1 single stick.

To put it straight,your computer is too old to run those game properly.

I think its time for Daffas to buy or build himself a new rig:D

Yea, I just need to save up my money and go from there. I want to build a new computer just dont know how, except for putting in a few parts. I'm sure its not to terribly difficult.

guys 4gb is no need for gaming

only thing you need 4gb for is photoshop and music production, if you disagree then fine but trust me

:confused: Not if you are using cs2 =P

I have noticed cs3 and cs4 run WAY SLOWER.

As for this little topic. I would recommend upgrading the computer entirely but of course that is just me. As for the 2GB and 4GB issue. 4GB IS technically better, but with that board.. he isn't going to need it. He will have to upgrade to play games that will need 4GB's to run smoothly anyway..

Back
Top Bottom