Internet Browser Error

TroubleShooter

Solid State Member
Anyone here please help me on this... I don't know if I've done something to the Internet Security settings or was it the Windows updates to my laptop but on accessing the net my browser cannot detect flash players --- a message should appear that I may have not the latest flash player but instead a blank space appears on where the player should have been. Also I can't log on to sites requiring usernames and passwords.

I suspect that this may be due to the updates because beforeI can play videos on any sites with videos. After receiving updates the day before these errors occur. My OS is Vista Home Basic.

What browser are you using? If it's Internet Explorer, forget about it. I would recommend moving to Firefox OR Opera. If you don't want to get a newer browser. Try downloading the latest version of it.

Now, how does "you should use Firefox" solve his problem? Instead of telling him to use a different browser, how about suggesting some real solutions to his problem. :rolleyes:

I've got half a mind to neg rep the two of you numbskull's. :p

Troubleshooter,
While in IE, click on Tools > Internet Options. In the next window, click the "Advanced" tab. Click the "Reset" button near the bottom. That will reset the browser settings back to default.

I've tried that and that doesn't work. I think it has something o do with my browser not detecting JavaScript. I've tried downloading JRE but still this doesn't solve my problem. There's not even a "Java" section in the Advanced tab of Internet Options

reported the spammer ^

.... could you not try a system restore?
also when you see a flash video can you right click it and does it say "about flash player", etc?

Go to Tools, Manage Add-On's. Make sure Java and Flash are not disabled.
Also, possibly in Internet Settings, wheather you've allowed cookies for safe websites within the Privacy tab. Some websites need to save cookies to work.
If the website has a certificate, the First Party selection should work, rather than to un-block both. Cookies are a pain though.

Now, how does "you should use Firefox" solve his problem? Instead of telling him to use a different browser, how about suggesting some real solutions to his problem. :rolleyes:

I've got half a mind to neg rep the two of you numbskull's. :p

Troubleshooter,
While in IE, click on Tools > Internet Options. In the next window, click the "Advanced" tab. Click the "Reset" button near the bottom. That will reset the browser settings back to default.

lol - using firefox is a solution :p...and nice and easy one lolz

reported the spammer ^

What spammer?? i don't see any spam in this thread LOL, i'm so lost lol :confused: :p

lol - using firefox is a solution :p...and nice and easy one lolz

What spammer?? i don't see any spam in this thread LOL, i'm so lost lol :confused: :p

No, cuz either way he'll need to download flash. And the spam was removed.

Anyways back on topic. In the internet options, reset everything to default. Then go and get the latest flash player from www.adobe.com and latest java release from www.java.com and your problem should be taken care of.

I removed the spam so that is no more.

Saying to switch to Firefox has no positive attribution what so ever though and rating the thread 5 stars for a serious question, with jokes made out of the subject matter? Yep, thats worth rating.
Anyway, yeah, hope one of our suggestions helps.

I'm a Firefox fan, but for someone that hasn't chosen to download it, its there choice. Yes, I prefer it, but some people don't test. They just like to use what they have.

Back
Top Bottom