Bly-ray playback Ati 3650

kocheez75

In Runtime
I currently have a HD3650 that has a HDMI out, and was wondering if I get a blu-ray drive, how would I go about playing a blu-ray on my TV via HDMI? I guess the main thing is, what kind of software will I need to play 1080p? Will nVidia's purevideo decoder work with Ati? I'd greatly appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance.

i don't think nvidia's stuff will mesh with any ati stuff but as long as you have an HDMI port on the back of your tv all you have to do is connect it.

I would assume that when you buy your blu ray drive it will come with a program that can play the movies. I don't see why windows media player couldn't do the job

If you bought an OEM drive, you won't receive any software. I have this exact card and you'll need to get Cyberlink software ($99) but well worth it.

And no Nvidia software will work with ATI for video decoding, that goes against all laws of physics. :p I'm pretty sure your 8800GT is HDCP enabled, why not just use that?

If you bought an OEM drive, you won't receive any software. I have this exact card and you'll need to get Cyberlink software ($99) but well worth it.

And no Nvidia software will work with ATI for video decoding, that goes against all laws of physics. :p I'm pretty sure your 8800GT is HDCP enabled, why not just use that?

He could be building a media center PC or somthing.. maybe?

Back
Top Bottom