Monitor Flicker after Printer Installation

nautilus1

Beta member
I recently added a HP OfficejetPro All in one printer to my home PC. I had a little trouble with the "full feature" install so I removed the software and reinstalled only the drivers which seemed to be successful.

However... now I'm finding that periodically my monitor now cuts off for about two seconds and then works just fine again. This happens about twice an hour. It never happened before installing this printer.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this to happen..?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Ok this printer of yours, is it hooked up to the same power-outlet as your computer and other devices?

What it looks like, something is drawing power away from your monitor. I would suggest to take your printer and plug it into another wall socket and see if you still get these random cut-offs.

Otherwise, i am not really sure what could be causing this...i don't think a printer would interfere with a video card :confused:

The printer is plugged into a wall outlet. The monitor is plugged into a ups along with my pc... so, I don't think power is the issue. I'll take a look at it though.

thnx.

i'll see if i can find anything on google relating to your problem. Definitely not something i've heard of before...hopefully you get it fixed

Back
Top Bottom