Running Computer Games

I'm gonna have to disagree. 4GB kits are getting cheaper and cheaper, and it's a must-have for any game that requires a lot of memory like Battlefield 2 and 2142.

I don't understand what you mean by "sweetspot" either. Many people have said the noticed an improvement going from 2GB to 4GB.

For a gamer maybe,but for the everyday average user,2gb is enough.

And what i meant by sweetspot was the fact that according to microsoft 2gb is the recomended RAM Amount.

2GB would be a substantial upgrade in both XP and Vista. If he did that it should fix his problem. We just need to know if he's running DDR or DDR2.

I believe that I'm running DDR. And I wont be able to get up to 2 GB because I noticed on newegg.com that it only goes up to 512 MB, and I already have 2 of those in there. I am going to need to get alot of ram because I am into games quite a bit, and I would like to finally play a game with high settings the day it comes out, instead of several years down the road.

I was looking on newegg and I noticed that there is an ASUS mobo, that can hold up to 16 GB. Would that be a good one to go with? Then I will be able to use it for a long time before it gets outdated and home it doesn't die on me in that time.

guys 4gb is no need for gaming

only thing you need 4gb for is photoshop and music production, if you disagree then fine but trust me

You dont even need 4GB for photoshop. Well, the average user doesn't, anyway.

Games do eat up the ram, though... But not many eat up 4GB.

I'm gonna have to disagree. 4GB kits are getting cheaper and cheaper, and it's a must-have for any game that requires a lot of memory like Battlefield 2 and 2142.

I don't understand what you mean by "sweetspot" either. Many people have said the noticed an improvement going from 2GB to 4GB.

Ram is not this guys problem... Its his proc/vid card holding him back...

guys 4gb is no need for gaming

only thing you need 4gb for is photoshop and music production, if you disagree then fine but trust me

its true...but heck..its cheap these days so why not get 4GB, you leave yourself future proof :)

I think he needs to upgrade his pc, mobo, cpu, video card.

Ram is not this guys problem... Its his proc/vid card holding him back...

Why would it not be the problem if the problem goes away after gaming for a while? It sounds like Windows is emptying things out of the RAM that aren't needed to make room for the game.

I said the wrong type of ram sorry. I used crucial to check and here is what it said I could use. SDRAM, PC133 speeds.

I think he needs to upgrade his pc, mobo, cpu, video card.

So your saying to upgrade my motherboard, processor, and graphics card? Just making sure i understand your abbreviations right.

Here is what Crucial.com said:

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/viewscanbyid.aspx?id=764B265331D926C3

Why would it not be the problem if the problem goes away after gaming for a while? It sounds like Windows is emptying things out of the RAM that aren't needed to make room for the game.

How would I make it do that at the beginning?

Back
Top Bottom