DirectX 10 graphics card question

Celticsfan

Banned
would an onboard video card be a DirectX 10 graphics card or would I have to buy a separate card and put it in? My mobo is d945gtp.

If I have to buy one that is DirectX 10, how much is the cheapest one I could get. I am not a gamer but I am thinking ahead for windows 7.

thx

The onboard Intel® GMA 950 graphics does not support DX10.

This is the cheapest video card available from Newegg that is DX10 compliant and will work with your motherboard: GIGABYTE Radeon HD 2400XT - $24.99 ($9.99 after $15.00 Mail-In Rebate)

The onboard Intel® GMA 950 graphics does not support DX10.

This is the cheapest video card available from Newegg that is DX10 compliant and will work with your motherboard: GIGABYTE Radeon HD 2400XT - $24.99 ($9.99 after $15.00 Mail-In Rebate)

AR, I saw that one at NEwEgg. it says OS is for vista. My current OS is XP Pro, could I still use that card if I get it soon. Vista and Windows 7 needs directX 10 for HW minimum. I assume I need to get one eventually if want to move to new OS within a year. Please let me know.

thx as always. Appreciate it.

If you don't game imo you dont need a dx10 card

New windows 7 is DirectX 10 graphics card min. HW requirement.

Yes, video cards are compatible with any OS as long as you have the proper drivers. It will work just fine with your current XP installation and in the future with Windows 7.

AR, I saw that one at NEwEgg. it says OS is for vista. My current OS is XP Pro, could I still use that card if I get it soon

Yes to answer your question. You just won't be using the DX10 interface...you'd be in DX9.

'twas my pleasure to help.

Oh, one more thing. It says the GIGABYTE HD 2400XT is "Certified for Windows Vista". What that means is it was tested to be compatible with Vista.

'twas my pleasure to help.

Oh, one more thing. It says the GIGABYTE HD 2400XT is "Certified for Windows Vista". What that means is it was tested to be compatible with Vista.

Thx. Good to know what that means now.

With my mobo d945gtp which has an 80GB internal HD and an external 120GB HD and 2GB of RAM and these being windows 7 min HW requirements

"This means that Windows 7, planned for the end of 2009 according to Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer, will be designed to run on hardware from 2007. This means that a computer with a 1-GHz 32-, or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB of system memory, at least a DirectX 10 graphics card, if not even DirectX 9, with over 128MB of graphics memory, and a 40 GB hard drive will be more than enough to power Windows 7."

Is my video card the only thing I need to change?

thx

Yup, you should be able to run Windows 7 just fine with nothing more than an upgrade to a DX10 compatible video card.

Back
Top Bottom