cpu??

muzza

Baseband Member
does any1 have any good programs of testing cpu.. not sure if mine is running properly

as above, what seems to be the problem?

cpu-z will give you specs like FSB etc but if you want to stress your cpu get prime95 or IntelBurnTest (assuming intel cpu)

Poor performance can also be memory related, d/load and run memtest86+ v2.01 to check

well when i try to play games they freeze i have tried converting videos and my cpu usage reads around 50% then after a little while my computer will either freeze or restart. im not sure what it is but if you could help that would be wikid

@muzza
It could be possibly an overheating issue? Have you checked your temperatures?

yes could be.. have you got a good program that can tell me if it is over heating. oh and there is a gold chip on my mobo just under my graphics card its got a heat sink im not sure what that is but it gets pretty hot and ideas???

@Muzza....that "Gold" chip on your mobo is most likely the SouthBridge on your motherboard...i wouldn't worry about it.

As for a program, i use RealTemp and its very accurate. You can download it here, http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/Real_Temp/

You can also check in your BIOS to what the temperatures are as well, but give realtemp a shot and post what you are getting for temperatures.

ok thanks il check it out. yer your rite it is the southbridge lol i googled it, and when i say hot i mean like nearly burn my finger hot???

yeah the southbridge can get pretty hot to the touch...but nothing to worry about...its normal. as long as you have some type of case fans blowing around air...you're safe :)

Back
Top Bottom