Running Computer Games

Daffas

Solid State Member
Hello All!

I am new here.

I got a question for you guys...How come when I play games they all start out slowly and then probably after an hour or so my computer wakes up and runs the game way better than before. And why when I close my game down does it take a while for my computer to recover so it can run smoothly again? And one more question...Why does my game run better when I turn up the visibility to farther?

I am running a 2.4 GHz processor. x1300 Radeon 256 MB. 500 Watt Power Supply. And 1 GB ram (2-512 mb)

Edit:
I am trying to run: The Witcher, Oblivion, Two Worlds, but I can also run Prey perfectly.

i think you need 4 more GB of ram and a better video card because it seems like it is bottlenecking your parts. Give us a budget and we will give you a solution :)

So I need 5 GB of ram? or just 4? With my current mobo, I can only get up to 3 GB ram. And I cant even get that with it, I can only get up to 512 MB per stick of ram. I think I need to get another computer.

i think you need 4 more GB of ram and a better video card because it seems like it is bottlenecking your parts.
He DOENST need 4gb of RAM?? Are you crazy?

Daffas,What motherboard do you have? I Recomend getting a new CPU and a new Graphics card.

I have an ASUS, not sure what type though. Its really old. Yea my graphics card is new but low end. I want to build a computer but I dont know how to build one, I have just put in some ram, and a graphics card and thats about it.

4gb is still overkill,2gb is the sweetspot in vista. Well im guessing you have a socket 478 motherboard so there would be no point in upgrading that,and that CPU would act as a bottleneck to the GPU anyway.

I'm gonna have to disagree. 4GB kits are getting cheaper and cheaper, and it's a must-have for any game that requires a lot of memory like Battlefield 2 and 2142.

I don't understand what you mean by "sweetspot" either. Many people have said the noticed an improvement going from 2GB to 4GB.

If you have a low range processor and/or graphics card going to 4 gig of ram won't help much IMO.

I kinda shifted off-topic, disregarding the OP's system. He could use an upgrade though.

Back
Top Bottom