So this is what happened

yes that memory and motherboard are compatible
You shouldn't be relying on one large hard drive.

The higher you fly, the harder you fall.

and as for big drives, i dont see a problem with using a big drive as long as you are responsible about backup i mean you shouldnt be relying soley on any drive to hold all your data so i dont see a problem if you backup often as is the advice with any drive anyway whatever happens

and as for big drives, i dont see a problem with using a big drive as long as you are responsible about backup i mean you shouldnt be relying soley on any drive to hold all your data so i dont see a problem if you backup often as is the advice with any drive anyway whatever happens

How would you backup a 1 TB hard drive? Seriously, buy another one?

You'd be smart to start a level of redundancy such as RAID instead of purchasing one large drive.

You'd be smart to start a level of redundancy such as RAID instead of purchasing one large drive.

^Words of wisdom.

Hard drives don't live forever.

i never had a HDD fail on me yet, and i hope not anytime soon either.
I think i rather have the same size of internal and external HDD and have them as Semi-RAID1.

I think I'll just stick with the Cosmos S case. I'll probly order next week. Should I wait till black Friday?

yes have 2 1tb drives in a mirrored array . i was recommending for this sort of budget that the op mentioned not a universal fix for every situation and for this sort of budget that looks like a completely feasible option if the op needs 1tb of storage its not always a feasible option .

If the ob say has 800gb of data he will need 800gb of space to put it all in so whats going to be better having 4 500gb drives to store it all(including a mirrored array) on or 2 1tb drives i would go for the 2 1tb drives there is no evidence to suggest that 1tb drives have a higher failure rate than any other sise of drive and so you have just as much risk of loosing your data whatever the size of the disk and so i would say as long as your budget permits using 2 1tb drives is not a problem

Back
Top Bottom