Help me choose a notebook

Raytheon

Baseband Member
I'm ready to buy a laptop now that the new Asus models came out.

I like these two, since they are the P processor series, which seem like they are better, 4GB RAM, and are 15.4".

I'm also open for other options you may suggest.

The main difference is the video card, one is 9800M GS 512MB, and the other is 9650M GT 1GB, which is better of the two?

ASUS G Series G50VT-X2 Intel Core 2 Duo P8600(2.40GHz) 15.4" Wide SXGA+ 4GB Memory 320GB HDD DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS

ASUS N50 Series N50Vn-B1B NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P8600(2.40GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA+ 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9650M GT

Please give me some suggestions, as I will be buying the notebook this week.

I'm gonna be using it for developing applications (visual studio, mssql, oracle), but I also want it for playing some games and general usage (internet, video playback, photoshop, etc).

You should rethink your options. You shouldn't be gaming on a notebook. If you want to get a gaming notebook, you're going to sacrifice battery and portability.

If you're going to use this for business, you should definitely check out Lenovo's Thinkpads. Most of them use the best keyboards you'll find on a notebook.

You should rethink your options. You shouldn't be gaming on a notebook. If you want to get a gaming notebook, you're going to sacrifice battery and portability.

If you're going to use this for business, you should definitely check out Lenovo's Thinkpads. Most of them use the best keyboards you'll find on a notebook.

I was looking at this lenovo ThinkPad, and this one was the closer it would get to the asus specs. It has DDR3 memory and an ATI card.

Would the DDR3 memory help?

I was also looking at Dell 1530, but the ram memory only gets up to DDR2 667, which would bottleneck a P8600 2.4 GHZ CPU, or no?

lenovo1zl3.jpg

Thanks

Would the DDR3 memory help?
At this point, it would be nice to have. It wouldn't necessarily increase performance at a dramatic rate though.

Keep in mind there's a difference between a Lenovo Thinkpad (business) and a Dell XPS (consumer) notebook.

Back
Top Bottom