just read on...

I'm ultra bored and it's getting to the time of year where I decelerate in school. Work is still the same, but it's so redundant now that it doesn't challenge me anymore. My grades are border line As (I don't really put much every on homework and labs), but I'm "trying" to step it up. However, that's not the matter at hand. What I need you to help me is to figure out something, preferably constructive, that I can do...a project of some sort. I don't want to do anything that is just a waste of time because I want to try and keep the pace that I started the school year with. My plan was to program something simple (by this I mean something that doesn't exceed 5000 lines of code, but that does require some good thinking) using the .NET framework or OpenGL (I'd prefer .NET). If nobody can come up with anything that deals with programming, then just learning some interesting math or science. If it requires buying some sort of book, I don't really mind. I just need something that will keep me going! It has to be interesting, because if it's just some regular Chemistry, I could use my school text book and I don't really feel like it.

+Rep for the top 3 ideas. I'd like them in by Wednesday, so I could get started. Thanks!

make a program that will spam one of those "vote for me" sites. It has to learn what to send, and then send it via different IPs.

Why don't you make a game....maybe like a FPS with maybe an rpg twist...

I was working on that with a friend actually and that's where I got the idea for that project. The only reason I broke away from my friend is because they were moving at too much of a quick pace for me. I was out of it for about a week and they made the switch from OpenGL to DX if I'm not mistaken. I was just starting to learn OpenGL too. So I was like, you guys were doing fine w/o me, I'll just start another project. The game looked surprisingly good. They had about a thousand or so C++ files each managing a small portion of the game. The girl who began the project moved away and took the game server with her, so now that project is over. It's very unfortunate because the had a lot done. I just want something simple this time.

You could try and make somthing that would check the compatibility of computer parts? You'd need access to a database containing socket types, frequencys and models etc, though.

Or you could try and pull it straight from newegg...

That would be helpful!

Back
Top Bottom