Iphone 3g Meteor

Huza08

Baseband Member
yes u can.i was the one who set this up discussion up and have used my iphone on meteor.its not hard at all

hello everyone

i am on the meteor network(ireland)
as most people know,meteor is one of the best if not the best network provider in ireland.free calls and texts to meteor or free texts to all networks.this is about the iphone 3g.i have been told by others to use the program ''Ziphone'' to unlock an iphone 3g.im getting it soon.recently i went into an 02 shop and asked how much it would cost.i also asked if i ''jailbreak'' it can i use my meteor sim in the phone.the salesman said no.he said as soon as i connect it up to itunes it will break.ive seen it being unlocked on youtube. thanks

ps this iphone 3g is on prepay.not bill pay

If you jail break your iphone it normally opens it to all networks. But if you do update it in itunes it can screw it up. You can always look on ebay and spend hundreds on a genuine unlocked one.

P.S: If you do unlock it and it goes horribly wrong, there are ways to return it back to its original state. Check out the link

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/10/virginizeiphone.html#more

ah ok.and what if i get a turbosim off ebay and snip a tiny bit off my sim.will it work perfectly then without jailbreaking it

huza just use ziphone it works great and is really easy to do, ive done it with several i phones and i touchs

ive have that program but if i do unlock it and update it in itunes it relocks itself so thats why i want to get a turbo sim

I don't know if Ziphone will unlock the iPhone 3G, and no, jailbreaking it doesn't unlock it, it just lets you run apps that Apple doesn't want in the App Store.

So, if you want an unlocked iPhone, search online and buy one that is factory unlocked. There are also some easy SIM card tricks that can unlock it too.

Just recently, the iPhone-Dev team have unlocked the iPhone 3G and will be releasing their whole thing on December 31, 2008.

So, if I were you I would wait until they release QuickPWN, which will jailbreak and unlock the iPhone 3G.

EDIT: I just noticed this thread was from last month...sorry :D.

Back
Top Bottom