The dark days of Obama's rule begin

what if the bail out hadnt off happened .

Honestly i think if the bail out hand thave happened there would be looting and riots on the streets of every major US city right now . honestly think what would happen if the financial markets would have just crashed and all the banks went bust nobody would be able to get at their money eventually the whole infastructure would have collapsed everyone would be at the same level there would be no mega rich and no underclass anymore you would all be one cos nobody would be able to get at their money and even if you did have it stashed away in a safe somewhere it would be worthless to you anyway

It would be a repeat of 1929. The government though thats what they were avoiding, instead they played right into the banks.

i think tbh it would be a lot worse than in 1929 because the infastructure is a lot more advanced than in 1929 i mean for one thing we all rely on computers to do things for us these days

also now we(i mean the us and the uk) rely on other counties to supply our fuel resources oil gas etc and things like that , and a lot of manufacturing has moved overseas since 1929 so i think it would be a lot worse than what happened in 1929 .

also so what if we played right into the banks that dosent mean we did the wrong thing

also so what if we played right into the banks that dosent mean we did the wrong thing

because the CEO's sit on their behind all day and bring home large sums of money, not they just got 700 billion thrown into their pockets.

ObamaPunchingBaby.jpg

/thread

Yep, giving 700 billion dollars to companies that screw over consumers, and allowing those companies to give their jackass CEOs large compensations while firing innocent workers. Now the stupid American car companies want their share and are asking for 25-50 billion dollars so they can "retool" their factories after building crappy cars for several decades and continually screwing over the consumers. And just so you know, the banks aren't loaning out money as well as you think. Credit is getting tighter and it's harder for people to get loans to buy homes and cars. Yeah you're right, the bailout was brilliant :rolleyes:

I understand where your coming from, what the 700 bil bailout doesn't promise is a fix, it is really just good enough to stave off the problem until the next wave of bad Credit comes to the surface, then you will be in this same mess

what if the bail out hadnt off happened .

Honestly i think if the bail out hand thave happened there would be looting and riots on the streets of every major US city right now . honestly think what would happen if the financial markets would have just crashed and all the banks went bust nobody would be able to get at their money eventually the whole infastructure would have collapsed everyone would be at the same level there would be no mega rich and no underclass anymore you would all be one cos nobody would be able to get at their money and even if you did have it stashed away in a safe somewhere it would be worthless to you anyway

Yer, like a toilet paper would be worth more than the doller lol

because the CEO's sit on their behind all day and bring home large sums of money, not they just got 700 billion thrown into their pockets.
ok taking the stupid bit out of that post
well i agree that they take home well too much money most the time but they do sometimes do a very difficult job at times and make some difficult decisions sometimes there motives for such decisions are questionable and i think the big problem is with executives they have a standard base rate of pay and then performance related bonus's and some CEO's make risky decisions with the bonus in mind bceuase most of the time they get their bonus paid even before the risk becomes a problem . I think this is something that needs to change and be strictly regulated . i mean IMO they shouldnt get bonus's because rewarding someone for taking risks seems foolish and just promoted recklessness to me

if you read what i said earlier it would be better if when bailouts are necessary much more stringent rules and conditions are put on banks that recieve money even what was said with bail outs over here in the UK was not enough IMO

i dont have a problem with giving banks money when they need it most but only if it is going to be passed on to the banks lenders and used responsibly i dont want my taxes to be going to the already rich and not just taken up by some rich executives and im satisfied that over here in the UK that hasnt happened yet

now i think claims that ceo's just got 700billion thrown into their pockets is a bit extreme

i dont have a problem with giving banks money when they need it most but only if it is going to be passed on to the banks lenders and used responsibly i dont want my taxes to be going to the already rich and not just taken up by some rich executives and im satisfied that over here in the UK that hasnt happened yet

I'm sorry, I wanted to see if my brakes were good, so I drove my $300,000 car towards the end of a cliff. Turns out they were bad and the car went over. Hey Mr. President, can I have $500,000 to buy a new car?

I'm sorry, I wanted to see if my brakes were good, so I drove my $300,000 car towards the end of a cliff. Turns out they were bad and the car went over. Hey Mr. President, can I have $500,000 to buy a new car?
Umm... no.

GM is doing bad, and has been doing bad. They need to show that they are making BIG changes, then they can get the money, IMO, but they can't just get cause they are doing bad.
GM wants the money so they can buy out Chrysler, which IMO, is not a good change, big change, but negative change, so no, they should not be getting the money.
Ford doesnt really need the money so much.

Back
Top Bottom