Troubleshoot hardware conflicts in device manager windows vista

Speedydowt

In Runtime
Hey there,

I know this is a bit of a "piss in the wind" however I have just installed a new TV card into my PC (Hauppauge HVR 1300) and have several hardware conflicts (Actually not entirely sure if a code 12 is a hardware conflict)

I get one stating that "the device cannot find enough free resources" and another stating "there is not enough information within the bios" so i get the usual yellow exclamation marks within device manager.

My question is not spefically aimed at solving these problems, rather trying to find out what else is using the same resources as my new TV card. Are there any third party programs out there that sort through and check to see if two devices are using the PCI bus? There are several articles on microsoft's support base that talk about troubleshooting wizard on XP, however i am unable to locate this on Windows Vista.

Here are a few pictures just incase my explanation wasn't full enough:

codec2px6.jpg

codec1ap0.jpg

Thanks again

Tom

thanks for your reply atomic rooster, i have indeed tried the latest drivers (4.6b) to no avail, I think the key to this problem is being to able to determine what other resource is taking up "pci bus 9" so i can disable it and start using my new TV card

Thanks again for reply though mate much appreciated

Tom

Have a look through the motherboard manual to see if any of the slots are sharing IRQs. You could also go into the BIOS and disable things you don't need like the serial buses and such to free up IRQs.

Back
Top Bottom