What do you think?

but i realize the difference between "online relationships" and real relationships. Although i count my "online friends" as some of my closest, nothing ever substitutes face to face relationships, and i wouldn't put it past this kid to have very few face to face relationships, seeing as he would rather jump on to xbox live and "hang out" with the people there, but that's just assumption

and some stuff is just better in real life.... :D :D :D

To a certain extent yes. If I've been playing a racing game for ~1 hour or something and then I get in a car I can definately feel my driving is affected and you have to remind yourself that you aren't playing a game anymore but I don't think they have enough influence to make you go out and steal are car/shoot someone in a GTA style or something

My brother plays FPS games all the time, and now he is a total hard-@$$, and talks back to EVERYONE (parents included)

He must think he can just pull a plasma grenade out of his butt or something.

yeah i am not saying that it doesn't have an effect...sure it definitely affects kids attitudes and behavior towards people...but i don't think it affects extremes as to killing someone.

One game i think affects teens and kids, is GTA...it really is the most pointless game...and give teens wrong ideas...the BIG guy look and making them think they can get away with language and behavior like that in their everyday lives.

its proven that video games help reduce crime.
Since the PS1 came out, it had reduced 30% since the last 20 years. Mostly from GTA.

well thats because it gives kids something to do, instead of roaming the streets looking for trouble...so yes, you are right Teny.

playing pokemon makes me want to get some plastic pokeballs and throw it at stuff. :D

playing pokemon makes me want to get some plastic pokeballs and throw it at stuff. :D

lol - just don't break mom's fine china hehe :p

o...and be nice to the neighbor...throwing pokemon balls at the poor old man might kill him....:p :p

kind of random... but
do you have an account named lukasz0291 on another forum?

its proven that video games help reduce crime.
Since the PS1 came out, it had reduced 30% since the last 20 years. Mostly from GTA.

Yeah I've heard that from several other things as well.

I think it's just easier for people to place blame on video games since so many kids are playing them. They may be a contributing factor (IE the game with the first person shooting gives the kid the idea of using a gun to kill people), but no sane, normal kid, would do that.

Fun fact: The Virginia tech killer was not a gamer.

Back
Top Bottom