No idea whats wrong with my computer

well new problem...my windows became corrupt so it wont even start to the windows screen now...i definitly think its the hard drive

main cause of this problem- heat
as stated previously, check your temperates either in the bios or using monitoring software such as everest. what you could do to try and rule out the theory that its your hard drive is leave the pc in the bios for 30mins+ and see if it turns off
that way you know its nothing software/side or hard drive related. Again try what other have suggested previously try re seating CPU heatsink and fan and try re applying thermal paste. You might also want to make sure north bridge and GPU have good enough cooling and air flow around the case

let me know hows it goes

what gel? or whatever? i have left it in the bios and it doesnt stay on i dont know what to do...my cpu is seated fine i have 4 fans running and cooling my computer so i dunno

I had a problem a while ago like that. it turned out the CPU was bad. even though all these computer wizes told me that isn't possible, sure enough I tride another cpu and it worked.

wow...i feel retarted...thats what that was when i rebuilt my PC...didnt know that existed...alright...still need to reinstall windows...and since i had a hacked version...that doesnt help me much

could the fact that i dont have any thermal paste be the problem?

What excatly do you mean don't have any thermal paste? you should have a thin layer of thermal paste that lies between the CPU and the heatsink, yes if you don't have any thermal paste between the CPU and heatsink this will be the cause of the problem.

However most OEM heatsinks come with an already applied layer of thermal paste layered to the underside of the heatsink, although often this thermal paste is inadequate it shouldnt cause your pc to turn off after 30 mins, however you should still consider getting some artic silver thermal paste.

If when you take off your heatsink on the CPU and the CPU doesn't look something like this http://www.cpu-cooler-upgrade.co.uk/images/thermal-grease.jpg but rather looks more like this http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zerotherm/BTF92/images/zbtf92-29.jpg then you need to get some thermal paste and this will solve your problem

cheers

Alright i put thermal paste on and it works fine now except for the new problem:

new problem: im checking the heat of everything with speedfan software and nothing is overheating i dont think but my computer will randomly freeze and sometimes shut down, i already cleaned out all the dust in my heat sync for my cpu and my fan for my graphics card but nothing has worked thus far it will run for about an hour to an hour and a half then freeze depending on what im doing. I've also noticed a decrease in the capabilities of my video card. I used to be able to run World of Warcraft on full settings now i have to run on medium or else it will LAG as well as crysis is only available to run on low when i used to be able to run it on medium. Do you think all of this would be because of my graphics card?

Also what is the normal temperature that my CPU and GPU should be at when under load?

When I have an unexplainable problem like that I usually go to pcpitstop.com and it scans all hardware and software and gives you a report of any potential problems

Back
Top Bottom