Neverwinter Nights 2 Problem

Holysky

Fully Optimized
i have had Neverwinter Nights for a while and played until i almost beat it. Then i got Spyware and had to restart the whole entire computer. Didnt play it for about 3 months and i wanted to start playing it again, but there is a odd problem. It works for about a day, but after that the characters appear blank in the character creation screen and when i load a game, the screen is just plain black and all you hear are the people fighting.

i have wundows vista, but it worked before yet it did update
all patches were installed (took it out becuase i got annoyed)
Core 2 duo e6600
8600gt video card
Also it doesnt take out correctly becuase there are still shortcuts and other things that cant be taken out with Add/Remove Hardware

please help

To get rid of all the leftover crud like shortcuts, registry settings and "other things" after uninstalling it, run CCleaner.

Do you have the latest drivers for your 8600GT?

Just go to Device manager, right click your 8600Gt under "Display Adapter", select Properties. Click the driver tab and read the last five digits of the driver version.

It should look like this: 1.7792, which would correspond the Nvidia driver version 177.92

Those are the 178.13 version. They are on 178.24 now, so you should be OK. But it wouldn't hurt grabbing the new ones.

I don't know. But you could try uninstalling the game and then run the cleaner before reinstalling the game and it's patches to see if it clears up your problem. Then try the new drivers to see if it helps.

i did all of that already

it unistalled now because whats the point of having somkethign in your pc when it doesnt work :)

When you ran CCleaner, did you run both the Cleaner and the Registry tool? You can run the registry tool until it can no longer find any problems.

Back
Top Bottom