can my old psu handle a new video card?

Asus makes an excellent card. They offer a great warranty service also. I've owned two of their video cards and they worked flawlessly. The cooling on the ASUS EN9800GT is much better than the reference cooler available on most 9800GT's.

:D

I definitely like them having one of the better coolers and I havent had a problem with asus stuff yet, i'll probably end up going with that card assuming it fits. Looks like it should though I may need to move the hard drive down a bay.

Thanks for all the help guys.

I don't believe that the Enermax Whisper 431 has a PCIe connector, but the video card will come with the needed power adapter.

nope, doesnt seem like you have one.
But the adapter that comes with the card will work fine.

Well the card is in and the computer powered up, so far so good. :)

What's the little black and blue cable with 3 different plugs on it for? It connects something on the video card to the mobo, but cant tell where it'd plug in and IF i'd need that plugged in.

It's an S/PDIF cable for the sound. The HDMI output combines the video stream with the digital audio signals to have a single cable managing your TV-output needs, an S/PDIF audio cable is included so you can connect this cable from your motherboard or soundcard to the Asus graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom