installing games on seperate hard drive

mikee

Fully Optimized
My primary hard drive is filling up pretty fast and with new games using 10gb+ I am going to need more space for them. I was wondering if I bought a 1tb hard drive and installed it as a secondary would I be able to just install them to the secondary without any trouble?

yup, just plug it in, make sure its on the 2nd+ slot, or edit the boot menu in the BIOS, and then windows will register it, then reformat and you are good to go.

I mean if I were to install games to that hard drive instead of the primary would the games work?

yeah, as long its in the registry. When you install, just select the drive you want it to be installed in.
My friend does that on his secondary 500GB.

Yup, just point the installer to the secondary drive and you're good to go. You can do that with any game or app.

the question is then though, if your using a raptor as your boot drive, do you really want to install the game onto your second drive and sacrifice read times :p

the question is then though, if your using a raptor as your boot drive, do you really want to install the game onto your second drive and sacrifice read times :p

well i guess if you are running out of space, you really don't have a choice. i guess your best bet, would be to buy another raptor.

well right now I have my documents on a second drive which is where my save games are for most of my games. This causes farcry2 to take a really long time loading the list of save games up to 3 min just to load the list

Back
Top Bottom