linux is underestimated

i will have a look at this Kunbuntu, who knows...maybe i'll run it on my girlfriends pc :p...seriously :)

Where can i get drivers from???
I have an IBM pc i may want to run it on. its a NetVista.

you can get Kubuntu here http://www.kubuntu.org/

[quote} and as for being stable, no it's not. it crased(ok, not exactly crashed but froze up for 10-15min at a time) almost 20 times in 3 months on my new system. where xp pro has never crashed one time on me in 5 years.
vista that I've had for over a year has never had one hiccup either {quote}.

I have 7 different Linux computers all have internet printers software AND HAVE NEVER FROZEN UP ON ME AT ALL we use them 24/7

bull 5 years and no freezing up thats a joke

ok i just ordered the free cd for kubuntu

@linuxuser
if i decide to put this on my IBM, will you help me? is installing software hard? and i will need to get drivers i'm sure.

no prob
love to help

but you can download it for free and but it on a disk in bot 10 min

and to many others to list but when I listening to all this windows user say Linux sucks and windows is the best! Do a little research and you will find out something interesting.

and that is that windows says they hate Linux but is that why on there official website there using LINUX SERVERS! Hotmail used to use Linux servers but not any more they use windows servers and that explains why hotmail sucks.

So the servers suck just because the servers run a different operating system? You sound just like the Linux haters you speak of.

now you have to all ways be upgrading your browser. Windows cant stop doing dumb upgrades to make it a little nicer looking instead of fixing the real problems and the operating system!

Be more specific, what problems? Also I'm pretty sure the Windows updates don't include anything to make it look nicer.

Windows looks nice but thats all I can say nice about it . Ubuntu may not be as flashy as windows is but Ill tell you why you should over look it

STABILITY Linux is the most stable Operating systems I have every used and I would take stability over flashy appearance any day of the year.

Give me a break. I have 3 PC's running Vista just fine. Two of them are 32-bit while one 64-bit. Not once have I ever had a BSOD using Vista.

unlike windows were you have to get this monster size programs that eat up your hard drive space that only get a little bit of the job done so you have to have twice the programs at twice the hard drive space to run windows which means more virus software and scans.

and it still does not get the job done. Linux can run on a live CD and Linux has a program called wine so you can run a windows program in it if you want but you don't need it plus no d fragmenting in Linux.

Doesn't get the job done? I'm pretty sure my programs in vista do all the things they were intended to do.

Basically it sounds like you're just ranting about Windows. Before you think about giving me crap about hating Linux, I'm dual-booting Vista and Ubuntu 8.10 and it's pretty slick.

no prob
love to help

but you can download it for free and but it on a disk in bot 10 min

great,
well i don't have the time yet...but as soon as i do i will send you off a PM. do you have msn or xfire?? PM ur addy :)

I don't think linux in itself is bad. but I think it has a lot of work to do to be as mainstream usable as windows.

when and if companies that make printers, scanners, etc. support it with full software and drivers then it's just not going to be apealing to me to use it.
and also when software developers for linux actually make fully functioning programs that can do everything. like windows media player etc does, then again, I will be interested in linux.
but the problem is, it never will be. people that make software for linux seem to be living in the 80's with their ideas and designs.
the only program worthy of mentioning as being pretty good is Open Office. and that's only because Sun micro systems makes it. but it's still seems 12 years behind microsoft office 2007

dear mr.Cabbs

okay let me break down what you just said {Iam ranting about windows and hating on Linux}!
wow can I have some of what ever you smoking.

I have just read read all my posts over again and none of them says anything about loving windows and hating on Linux ya I said windows looks nice but thats it. Wow thats loving windows?

K lets go over some of what you said

{So the servers suck just because the servers run a different operating system? You sound just like the Linux haters you speak of}

let me break it down for you. Windows website runs great and hardly stops working and I thought that was interesting so I did research and thats because they run Linux servers . + 1 for Linux

windows doesn't trust there servers on there site very interesting!

{Be more specific, what problems? Also I'm pretty sure the Windows updates don't include anything to make it look nicer. }

no problem consent freezing and lagging hotmail is way slow i remember when they used Linux servers maybe it had a problem every now and then but not as nearly as bad as now.

and about updates you can get millions of different windows themes on there website that there spend money on to make instead of fixing the bugs in the OS.

{Give me a break. I have 3 PC's running Vista just fine. Two of them are 32-bit while one 64-bit. Not once have I ever had a BSOD using Vista.}

lol BSOD every customer I had as had the BSOD thats why they come to me to fix It.

takes a little while thats mainly just because windows is so to ruff on hard dives and its a Os that needs to get locked up and never see day light aging.

Basically it sounds like you're just ranting about Windows. Before you think about giving me crap about hating Linux, I'm dual-booting Vista and Ubuntu 8.10 and it's pretty slick.

good for you dude dual booting is cool but back on subject I would never run windows again ever

and windows you have to pay for software that docent work as well as it should and are huge huge size programs vs. Linux programs which are small free and work like a charm :]

dear mr.Cabbs

okay let me break down what you just said {Iam ranting about windows and hating on Linux}!
wow can I have some of what ever you smoking.

What are you trying to say here? Because all you really have done is complained about Windows and hailed Linux as if it's the greatest thing to happen ever.

I have just read read all my posts over again and none of them says anything about loving windows and hating on Linux ya I said windows looks nice but thats it. Wow thats loving windows?

I never said you loved Windows.

{So the servers suck just because the servers run a different operating system? You sound just like the Linux haters you speak of}

let me break it down for you. Windows website runs great and hardly stops working and I thought that was interesting so I did research and thats because they run Linux servers . + 1 for Linux

windows doesn't trust there servers on there site very interesting!
Do you even know why Hotmail is running on Linux? When they bought Hotmail the servers were already running it.

{Be more specific, what problems? Also I'm pretty sure the Windows updates don't include anything to make it look nicer. }

no problem consent freezing and lagging hotmail is way slow i remember when they used Linux servers maybe it had a problem every now and then but not as nearly as bad as now.

I was asking about problems with Windows, not with Hotmail.

and about updates you can get millions of different windows themes on there website that there spend money on to make instead of fixing the bugs in the OS.

Millions of Windows themes from Microsoft? Microsoft hasn't released any themes for Vista and the only themes you can get for XP from them is Royale and Royale Noir.

Microsoft releases plenty of updates every month, but you wouldn't know that since all you use it Linux.

takes a little while thats mainly just because windows is so to ruff on hard dives and its a Os that needs to get locked up and never see day light aging.

This sentence makes absolutely no sense at all.

and windows you have to pay for software that docent work as well as it should and are huge huge size programs vs. Linux programs which are small free and work like a charm :]

Clarify. How do the programs not work as well? I'm pretty sure all the Microsoft Office programs do exactly what their supposed to do.

You are giving Windows a hell of a lot more crap then it deserves. It's not a perfect OS, it has it's problems. But Linux isn't the perfect OS either.

i really don't see the point to this arguement.

Linux is Linux
Windows is Windows
OSX is OSX

People use whatever they like...today, there is no such thing as better, better is all opinion based on the user.

Back
Top Bottom