Help with finding weak link in my computer for playing games

mspike

Solid State Member
Anyway, I have a Dell XPS 420 with a quad core, 4 gigs of ram, and an ATI radeon HD 2400 Pro, and I'm running Vista I think 32 bit.. when I try to play a game like Crysis, it just is really slow and laggy. I know Crysis takes crazy computers to play well, but I thought mine would be able to handle it with the quad core and 4 gigs of ram. Any help to help my PC play higher quality games?? I think I have updated drivers, but not sure. Could that be the problem? Anyway, thanks in advance.

The HD 2400 Pro is what's holding you back. I would recommend a Radeon 4850, great performer for the price.

It's the HD 2400 Pro. That is an entry level video card at best. To get good frame rates in Crysis, you'll need at least an ATI 4800 series or Nvidia 9800 series card.

Thats what I was guessing. Anyone know the best place to buy one of your recommended cards, and about how much it would cost? Thanks again.

if he plays at a res like 1680x1050 or higher.
Might be better to get the 4850 or the 9800GTX

One thing, how many watts does your PSU put out and how many amps on the 12V+ rail? There should be a sticker on the side telling you.

Back
Top Bottom