What do you think?

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
Do you think video games have an impact on children today? I was just reading an article about a 15 year old boy that was found dead in Barrie 3 weeks after he ran away from home. He left home because his parents took away a game he played "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warefare" for xbox. The kid got pissed and ran away from home.

Which got me thinking, do video games influence children/teens? like are stabbings and shootings etc. only happen because of video games?

I dunno, i don't agree with this at all. I don't think video games are a cause of crimes, and violence. If someone is sick in the head, then they are sick in the head....and obviously we don't know what causes these teens or children to commit crimes....but i wouldn't target video games....or movies for that matter.

Now this boy that ran away from home, personally i think there was more to it...then just his parents taking away his game.

here's the article, let me know what you's think!
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/11/06/crisp-autopsy.html

yea definitely. that boy was just dumb and immature...

games sometimes offer an experience that cannot be done in reality as of now but can be useful in the future. in racing games, most of us havent drove professional racing cars, but when we play the game, we use those realistic physics for our own world so...

so...

if you are in a 1 on 1 situation battle between you and a car, you will be able to outmaneuver a car by faking it out and forcing it onto slippery roads or tree trunks...

ALL because you played that video game!

i read about that last week, thats kinda ridiculous

now this is gonna sound extremely insensitive

but why does his school mourn him? he wasn't kidnapped, hes an idiotic kid who got way too over-obsessed with a video game...that's the problem with kids these days, thier getting way too obsessed with gaming and having "online friends" ....dont get me wrong though, im a huge gamer, playing daily, and i have "online friends" but i realize the difference between "online relationships" and real relationships. Although i count my "online friends" as some of my closest, nothing ever substitutes face to face relationships, and i wouldn't put it past this kid to have very few face to face relationships, seeing as he would rather jump on to xbox live and "hang out" with the people there, but that's just assumption

but clearly this boy was mentally unhealthy to begin with, and constant playing of videogames probably pushed him over the edge. However video-games cannot be solely blamed for the kid's behavior, cause the same thing could have resulted if the kid was a facebook addict or myspace addict

@Luke
you bring up a great point regarding relationships. I couldn't agree more, with now a day, with the internet, email, and instant messenger, personal and face to face relationships are starting to become less meaningful, altho people should realize...that an online friend...isn't the same as a face to face friend.

I don't think so that video games have some bad influence on children mind. If a person was born really sick, he/she doesn't recognize the reality which occupy every person in this world.

I don't think so that video games have some bad influence on children mind. If a person was born really sick, he/she doesn't recognize the reality which occupy every person in this world.

+1

Yea, if somebody is not mature enough to realize that games and the internet are fake, they should'nt have access. It's as simple as that. If you cannot separate fact from fiction, don't get into fiction.

What do you think?

I think you make alot of threads and what make's me laugh about cf is that they use to bitch at me and put ''this is random and it's spam'' as I use to make threads alot like you, now I stopped but I have noticed noone has really bitched at you lol

What do you think?

I think you make alot of threads and what make's me laugh about cf is that they use to bitch at me and put ''this is random and it's spam'' as I use to make threads alot like you, now I stopped but I have noticed noone has really bitched at you lol

What? Is there a problem with my Threads? I am not trying to spam...i simply read an interesting article, and i thought i'd share my opinions with CF and get some feedback. Isn't that what a forum is about? why should people bitch to me about it? I'm not posting random shit that has no meaning at all... I think a lot of posts in the "social lounge" are random threads...so it looks like everyone should be bitched at.
Look i just post things i find interesting and that i wish to share with my friends here on CF. Personally, i think thats what a forum is for, isn't it? Like i've told someone else, if you don't like my posts, then by all means, don't read them. Also, if you have nothing to say regarding the thread, then why post in it?

no lol am all the way with you man, I find them interesting, ummm what am saying is I was just like you but people said to me that their random, and their was no need, well the fact you wrote this

''I am not trying to spam...i simply read an interesting article, and i thought i'd share my opinions with CF and get some feedback. Isn't that what a forum is about? why should people bitch to me about it? I'm not posting random shit that has no meaning at all... I think a lot of posts in the "social lounge" are random threads''

I agree, i posted the same sort of message and still got bitched at lmfao

never mind

no lol am all the way with you man, I find them interesting, ummm what am saying is I was just like you but people said to me that their random, and their was no need, well the fact you wrote this

''I am not trying to spam...i simply read an interesting article, and i thought i'd share my opinions with CF and get some feedback. Isn't that what a forum is about? why should people bitch to me about it? I'm not posting random shit that has no meaning at all... I think a lot of posts in the "social lounge" are random threads''

I agree, i posted the same sort of message and still got bitched at lmfao

never mind

O i understand now...alright, i miss understood what you said at first. yeah its too bad people bitched at you, i'm sure you had many many interesting and valuable things to share here.
I don't think you should have stopped...why do you take what people say to you to heart. Its a forum, its meant to have topics of wide variety, wether random related to a specific topic.
I'd love to read what you have to share, so post away :)

Back
Top Bottom