loud static then crash

mr yoyo

Baseband Member
Hi everyone

My computer has been doing fine since I built it but yesterday I was on the computer playing World of Warcraft and also on the internet at the same time, I then exited WoW and head a loud static noise from my speakers then the screen flashed blue then crashed and the screen turned black. I then turned off the computer and Rebooted it. It rebooted fine and seemed like nothing was wrong. I've researched a little bit on the subject and found that it could maybe be my video card drivers, so i updated the drivers today. Also someone said it could be my power supply:

My Specs:
XFX Nvidia 96000gt
M2n-sli motherboard (asus)
Amd Athlon x2 5000+ Black Edition
2gb Ocz Platium Ram
160Gb Seagate Hard Drive (serial)
450 Watt power supply
3 molex fans in case
r1 thermaltake heatsink
normal dvd drive (serial)

I have a feeling that it could be the power supply but I'm not sure
anything will help...

Thanks

My guess would be the video card. Your power supply isn't very big, but it doesn't look like you need all that much power anyway. If it turns out you did indeed need to update your drivers, you should be good now.

ok well my computer crashed again but this time it restarted itself... I reason to believe that it could be my cd drive if thats possible, because it has been acting up and making werid sounds lately. Also when it rebooted itself it said "Windows has recovered from a serious error" I have a BCCode and the files that are included are, but i don't no if it is safe to put up the BCCode and things but the files included at

C:\DOCUME~1\BRANDO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc8e0.dir00\Mini111308-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\BRANDO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc8e0.dir00\sysdata.xm

i will gladly post the Bccode and things but I don't no if that cause a hack of my computer or not...

Also I was wondering is this hardware or just a windows error because i can always reformat my hard drive if needed.

I've had a CD drive give me BSOD's before. Unplug it and see what happens.

I can try that, but the error thing doesn't happen all the time, the first time was when i was watching a video and the second was when I was installing a new game and there are serveral days where it acts jsut fine

Hmm... with problems like that, its very hard to determine exactly what is causing them...

Some games don't like being minimized, but I'm pretty sure my brother minimises WoW all the time so its not that.

Might have been the video card drivers, but you checked that.

The RAM maybe? How many sticks of RAM have you got in the PC? 2x1GB, or 1x 2? If its the latter, I would be tempted for you to remove a stick and try it, and if that does it, swap to see if the other doesn't, or vice versa.

Or, you could always run a memory tester, to check if any faults occur within the RAM that could easily cause a blue screen and a reset.

You'll need a ISO burner, like Nero, but, its worth a shot. Theres also a floppy disk version if you still have one available.
http://www.ramprobe.com/?p=download

Simply burn it to CD using an ISO Image setting.

*IMPORTANT NOTE*
Make sure in the BIOS, its set to run from CD first before the hard drive to stop it from booting to Windows first, and it should run the tester.

My sound card hisses if I do a cold reboot too by the way.

I ran this thing called mem test for bout 2 hours it found no errors, i also have my cd drive unplugged and right now no craash yet will keep u guys posted

Back
Top Bottom