How High Can I get this Overclock?

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
TempLog3052MhzStable.jpg

The picture goes in order of Average temperature, Low temperature, High Temperature, and Load. The temperature is logged every 10 seconds.

There's my temperature log for about four minutes. I ran Prime95 at that voltage on my CPU that you see there and I got it stable. Now, The highest temperature reached is 60C's.

I know that 60C's is HOT! and I just got it stable on that speed with that voltage. What I want to know is this:

Can I increase the Bus speed more and still have a stable system? Would you recommend me adding any more voltages?

Now I am going to clean out my case as soon as I get some air cans and it should drop the temperatures.

So does anyone here think I can raise my Bus Speed to 221 and hit 3.108Ghz?

It all depends on your hardware. It could overclock really well, or it couldn't. You just have to try for yourself to find out.

I was trying to get at the idea of should I go any farther with the temperature I'm hitting? T_T

i think thats the highest you can get stable. i've spent alot of time trying to OC mine and mine is sittin at like 2.97

If it was me I would wait until I got a new cooler. Don't discourage him yet, he might be able to get more out of it.

Well, I had it stable at 3024Mhz with 1.3V.
As for the new cooler, I already have a arctic cooler 64. I'm going to shut down and wipe off a layer of dust blocking the air flow through the heat sink right now. Hopefully that will cool it down a bit more.

I hit 3066Mhz but yet again its unstable with prime95.
Be Right Back.

yeah thats as stable as it gets. thats why im at 2.97. if i go much higher then what you have i get bluescreeens ands its so unstable

I'd go higher, max temp for the Windsors is 65c, but I'd push it all the way to 70 if it were mine.

Remember one thing though. The CPU gets hotter when more electricity is pumped through it (i.e. when the vCore is raised). If you just increase the FSB frequency that has no effect at all on the temperature. You should keep upping the FSB rating until it blue screens... take it 10mhz at a time. When you reach a blue screen lower it a little bit.

If I was doing the OC, I would let it go as high as 72, but I have a very loose attitude about my hardware haha, so I would not recommend going any higher than 65 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom