New 4850 Arrived!

Wow, I am VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY DISAPPOINTED...I tried Test Drive Unlimited, Flatout:Ultimate Carnage, and GRID, and they all played EXACTLY THE SAME as they did with my 2600PRO!!!!! Jesus christ! What's the point of having a good card if you are getting the same frame rate as your old 2600????? Is it because of my CPU? If so, SOMEONE SEND ME A X2!
What resolution do you play at? If it's 1280x1024 or something, then it's most definitely your CPU.

seriously?
huh... good thing i got an new CPU than to stuck with my old 4800+, my friend has an 5000+ and he isnt being bottlenecked by his 8800GT, and the GTS is only slightly better than the GT right?

EDIT - didnt i tell you that it was going to bottleneck?

Yeah It's my CPU,My 8800GTS Is the Supcerclocked edition if that makes any difference,plus i overclock on top of that as well :D.

Also,I dont know,Did you?

Yeah It's my CPU,My 8800GTS Is the Super-clocked edition if that makes any difference,plus i overclock on top of that as well :D.

Also,I don't know,Did you?

The graphix card companies don't want you to know this. But the only actual boost from an overclocked video card is 1-4FPS. Which I don't think voiding the warranty is worth... I mean come on! I get 300FPS with my 8600GT in CS:S at 540/700 (default)

The graphix card companies don't want you to know this. But the only actual boost from an overclocked video card is 1-4FPS. Which I don't think voiding the warranty is worth... I mean come on! I get 300FPS with my 8600GT in CS:S at 540/700 (default)

actually, with eVGA, overclocking your card doesnt void the warranty, even changing the HSF doesnt void the warranty. For me, that 5 FPS helps me out a lot playing on 1680x1050.

Also,I dont know,Did you?
oh, this was meant to go towards the OP.

The graphix card companies don't want you to know this. But the only actual boost from an overclocked video card is 1-4FPS. Which I don't think voiding the warranty is worth... I mean come on! I get 300FPS with my 8600GT in CS:S at 540/700 (defau

When i had an 8600GT,when i was overclocking it (675/800) i would get a 10 - 15 fps increase in certain games.

actually, with eVGA, overclocking your card doesnt void the warranty, even changing the HSF doesnt void the warranty. For me, that 5 FPS helps me out a lot playing on 1680x1050.

Excactly,The More FPS The better.

The chances of overclocking killing your card is very slim. Some people even have volt modded cards that last a while. Also, how are they gonna know you overclocked your card?

The graphix card companies don't want you to know this. But the only actual boost from an overclocked video card is 1-4FPS.
That's pretty much bull.

For one, most graphics card companies down play overclocking your card and warn that it may void the warranty.

Secondly, depending on the card, overclock, and resolution, it can make a nice difference in FPS and playability.

Back
Top Bottom