Building new PC!

I have that Creative Sound Blaster in my computer and it works wonders. Download the audio control panel from Creative and set up to the highest sound quality settings. There's also a option that makes normal music a LOT less flat sounding and it also has a reverb option. Great Sound card, I have to say it IS needed if you love music and sound quality.

And Guy's! Your Holding Back. He has a $1700-$2000 Budget! Give him what he wants and throw in a 4870 X2:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102768

That video card smashes a 280GTX to pieces!
Add $130 to that $1065.95 and you get $1195.95. That leaves you with about $400-$700 for a monitor, keyboard, Mouse, Operating System, HDD's, PSU, and Water Cooling kit. If you could find a 4870 X2 Water block or two water blocks for the two GPU's that would be great!

But 4870 X2 Sure Does Have Alot Of Cons....
People Told Me to get a Mobo That supports Crossfire?

With that Video Card you don't need a Crossfire mobo, as their are two GPU's on one PCB. It only takes up two slots in the case while a Crossfire setup of two 4870's would take up 4 slot's, require a Crossfire Mobo, and a Crossfire internal connecting bridge.

The temperature problem is simple to solve. Just download a fan control program(Not SpeedFan, it never worked for me) like EXPERTool by Gainsward, or Riva Tuner and simply raise the fan speed up to about 40-50%. By default it is set at 22% so that's why so many people are complaining about high temperatures.

So If i just use the nvidia 280 i need another Mobo right?
And if i use the 4870's i can still use the nvidia mobo?

the mobo i showed you is good if your gonna go with an nvidia card, but if you go for the 4870x2 then i would recomend a crossfire mobo so you can later crossfire

when games become more power hungry it could become necessary. its always good to future proof it

but it might be too future proof to where it lasts too long, and a card dies out, so the Crossfire wouldve been a waste.

Back
Top Bottom