Router always drops connection

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
My Charter cable modem connects to a belkin 4 port wireless router but i dont use wireless. i have my computer,my 360 and my ps3 is connected to it. as of today every hour my router drops connection and i have to restart everything to get connection back. Even when i have my connection, it takes 3 minutes just to get to a web page.

However for the last 3 weeks i have used bit comet alot. i've downloaded over 30gbs. and for the last 5 days i have uploaded over 15gbs

i dont know how networking works but have i used too much? i cant stand another day of this constantly restarting my modem and router just to get a shitty connection.

I'm not sure. I've heard of internet companies limiting the amount of bandwith you can use. But, you should have gotten a notification, or something. That happens to my internet connection. After using utorrent for a while. My internet slows to a crawl. Check your port forwarding or proxy settings.

i have been forwading ports [80, 21, ect] and i even disabled every firewall and enabled DMZ on my router. and still my connection gets dropped

Should i use static ip's? im out of ideas

Have you contacted Charter about the problem? Could be a bad modem. You could try running a direct connection to the modem to see rule out the router.

Back
Top Bottom