Compatibility question

Unseenmen

Solid State Member
I have a EVGA 256-P2-N765-AR GeForce 8600GTS, it is a PCI express card with SLI support. Will it still link up with another card via SLI if the other card is in a NON-PCI express slot?

~Unseen

-MB: Asus P5B-E with only one PCI express slot

No.

Has to use the same slot/interface.

You can't mix and match agp cards with pci-e cards.

I think he means putting it in an old PCI slot. The two are completely incompatible, if that's what you are asking. You will not be able to insert a PCI express card into a regular PCI slot.

What I mean is that I have a PCIe card in the proper slot, but if I wanted to add another video card, the only other slot I have is the old PCI slot type. The card I already have is SLI, but if I do get another card the is that has SLI but goes in the old PCI slot, will I still be able to link the two cards together via SLI even though one card is in a PCIe slot and the other is in a regular PCI slot?

What I mean is that I have a PCIe card in the proper slot, but if I wanted to add another video card, the only other slot I have is the old PCI slot type. The card I already have is SLI, but if I do get another card the is that has SLI but goes in the old PCI slot, will I still be able to link the two cards together via SLI even though one card is in a PCIe slot and the other is in a regular PCI slot?

No.

Back
Top Bottom