Vista SP2 (Pre-Beta)

i think im going to wait till its actually released to get most f the bugs out. I dont really like uninstalling SPs or reformatting.

Well I'll tell ya this. You know how when you first do an install of Vista and everything is fast and nearly instant? That's how it feels now. It's very stable and it's pretty speedy.

will it wreck your files or anything? its just a beta for service pack 2 for vista right? do you have to have vista to install it?

Is that a serious question?

Of course you need Vista to install VISTA SP2. It's a pre-beta, so it's a beta of a beta. You also need SP1 before you install this. If you don't have that then you are way behind.

It hasn't wrecked any files of mine.

will it wreck your files or anything? its just a beta for service pack 2 for vista right? do you have to have vista to install it?

yeah you can't use vista service packs on any other operating system, like xp or 2000. So yes, you have to have vista installed.

Is that a serious question?

Of course you need Vista to install VISTA SP2. It's a pre-beta, so it's a beta of a beta. You also need SP1 before you install this. If you don't have that then you are way behind.

no need to give him a hard time, he's not exactly a computer guru. its a valid question for someone who is learning. i know him personally...and he's here trying to learn more and more.

yeah you can't use vista service packs on any other operating system, like xp or 2000. So yes, you have to have vista installed.

yeah I thought it was like a test for vista you could download, ehh I don't know if I should get Vista or stay with Windows....the one bottleneck about getting Vista on my new rig is that my GPU drivers don't go good with Vista at all...

Back
Top Bottom