Closed threads?

Wah wah wah. Lol

Where's Thelis when you need him? :(

Doing onto myself what I would do onto others.

Yeah, he isnt around much at all anymore...

Oh I'm around...
emot-q.png

Will do.

As to the original poster, as my colleagues have pointed out- it is up to our discretion on whether we need to close a thread, and after 30 days it is an automatic lock. I am in full agreement with Lowndsey here- Dave's forum, therefore he is the law.

Also, as a side note: Ignorantia juris non excusat.

Will do.

As to the original poster, as my colleagues have pointed out- it is up to our discretion on whether we need to close a thread, and after 30 days it is an automatic lock. I am in full agreement with Lowndsey here- Dave's forum, therefore he is the law.

Also, as a side note: Ignorantia juris non excusat.

/thread

i find it funny how some mods are quite happy to ignore rules when it suits them

I find it funny that some people want mods to show some leniency and treat each case on its merits and with a bit of common sense..... yet in the same breath if a mod does do just that they happily accuse them of turning a blind eye and ignoring the rules as it suits them. Sounds slightly hypocritical in itself and results in a no win situation for mods. I did consider for a few moments leaving the thread open as I agree there was nothing wrong with the content of posts in the thread...but how is that fair to someone else who has also had their thread closed previously because of the age rule? Can you imagine the uproar that could be instigated if mods were to start picking and choosing which threads are left open after the 30 day mark?....I guarantee if people can disagree with and bag out on mods over such a straight forward black and white rule then the shite would hit the fan with the pick and choose method. As I said it is a black and white rule which was followed...if there are any problems with it then the problem is with the rule itself rather than the situation which is something you may need to take up with David if you still harbor any angst.
such as the case of some mods and using profanity around the forum
If you would like to pm me with all the instances of myself using profanity around the forum i would be happy to discuss that with you :)

I find it funny that some people want mods to show some leniency and treat each case on its merits and with a bit of common sense..... yet in the same breath if a mod does do just that they happily accuse them of turning a blind eye and ignoring the rules as it suits them. Sounds slightly hypocritical in itself and results in a no win situation for mods. I did consider for a few moments leaving the thread open as I agree there was nothing wrong with the content of posts in the thread...but how is that fair to someone else who has also had their thread closed previously because of the age rule? Can you imagine the uproar that could be instigated if mods were to start picking and choosing which threads are left open after the 30 day mark?....I guarantee if people can disagree with and bag out on mods over such a straight forward black and white rule then the shite would hit the fan with the pick and choose method. As I said it is a black and white rule which was followed...if there are any problems with it then the problem is with the rule itself rather than the situation which is something you may need to take up with David if you still harbor any angst. If you would like to pm me with all the instances of myself using profanity around the forum i would be happy to discuss that with you :)
Well i find it hypocritical that some mods are quite happy to follow the rules to the letter in the case of closing threads like that but then are quite happy to go around using profanity on the forums if you wanna apply the rules to the letter then follow them as well . Im not saying i want you to be leniant with this rules but then i would say you wherent following the rules . Honestly if i saw mods being a bit more laid back and using some common sense i then wouldnt have a problem if i saw them breaking rules such as swearing etc occasional but if you are saying you wanna follow davids rules to the letter then its completely hypocritical of you to break those rules
i mean if you guys follow the rules to there exact letter then how come there are members here who have been given more than 3 chances with bans and stupid behavior in the rules does it not say we operate a 3 strike policy ?i will tell you why , because we have some moderators why apply common sense when making decisions and i like them mods i respect their style they have realised not all situations are the same and will treat different situations accordingly .
I see a lot of rules being bent for certain members however in this ones case a simple rules such of this couldnt have been applied using common sense

Honestly i dont think there would be a problem if mods assessed each situation on its merits , i mean how often does this happen where a person rebumps their own thread its not a common situation most of the thread closes are straight forward , either a flame war has broken out and people have been warned yet carried on or a spammer has re bumped an old thread so in them situations i don't think there would be any disagreement over the closing of the thread

I would be quite happy to do that but tbh i have much better and important things i could be doing with my time . But if i had the spare time then i would of course PM you all of the instances and we could discuss them

yes but as with all things you can have a bit of leniancy when applying those rules
Im not saying i want you to be leniant with this rules

Make up your mind.:D

More often than not no matter what decision is made someone will get the sooks and carry on like a goose. There are plenty of discussions behind the scenes on the best way to deal with situations and the majority of times mods agree. If there is one thing I have learnt from being a mod is that you sure as hell can NEVER EVER please everybody on here.

Back
Top Bottom