EO Policy

I'm not quite sure...but I like it. I think it's kind of cool because you have something to look forward to. There are some members who are just around to read and post questions every now and then. With that system, if you want a custom avatar you go out and help. You become more active. I guess what I'm trying to say it serves as an incentive for a user to be more active. I support anything that gives a chance of making a forum more active.

Right...the closed forums is not the main focus though. I like the part where you get privileges as you post. The reason I think it works is because nobody is going to spam just to get custom avatar and sigs mainly because they don't know how much they have to spam to get it. The idea is brilliant.

i think the system we have in plaece at the moment for recognising long standing and helpful members works better

if you dont know what im refereing to im saying the CF privilidged thing where David and the mods decided usually every 6 months or so who has been the best and most helpful poster in the previous 6 months and then gives them a custom title for their efforts this way people are simply chosen for rewards based soley on merit and the quality of their posts and helpfullness . It also means that if someone then goes on to start breaking rules and generally just behaves like a moron they can have their custom title removed whereas it would be stupid to start removing privilidges off everyone who breaks rules if people got it at a certain post level

maybe a hidden "heated topic" forum, where you have to opt in to veiw and post in it, and you can be banned from it for being disruptive to it and what not.

I don't think that would work. I think a forum where everyone can read, but if they disrupt they're banned from posting there.

Back
Top Bottom