Do you think I'd be able to sell my broken laptop?...

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone, I've got a DV9000T 17" HP laptop with 2GB RAM, 2 100GB Hard Drives (7200RPM), nVidia 7600go (I think this is broken), Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2000MHz, Vista Ultimate x64 (still have the recovery disc), and all batteries/chargers and stuff.

It turns on and runs anything that don't use the display drivers fine. BIOS and POST screens are discolored and have lines through them, leading me to think that the graphics card (nVidia 7600go) is just malfunctioning. BIOS still works fine, it just has strange markings on it. Markings are NOT on the screen itself, they are part of the software - not the laptop screen. There are also moments when the discoloration stops and everything loads fine. But usually about 10 mins into loading, things will start to act up graphically. I have run a hard drive and RAM test - both are working 100%. When Vista was installed, it ran perfectly under safe mode with no graphics drivers, but when I ran the HP recovery disc, the install was unable to finish because it tried to automatically load the drivers. This is where it is stuck, it can boot into CD's but if they use graphic drivers, the discoloration and lines show up. I know the screen itself is fine because it works perfectly if graphic drivers aren't being used. I have taken perfect care of it and there is no other damage to the machine

Do you think anyone on ebay would buy this? I paid $2200 for the laptop and I don't just want to sell it for like $500 if you guys can think of any better ideas - like selling the individual parts?

Hmm.. I've replaced Laptop GPU's before. You could have an look inside it, and see if the GPU is easily replacable? :D

Back
Top Bottom