Went to look at a car

And yes the SRT-4 is cool but here's a fun fact, if you lose boost you might as well be driving a Geo Metro lol.

Haha, if you think losing boost with that engine is bad, imagine losing boost with the engine that BMW used in Formula 1 back in 1981 in the World Championship winning Brabham BT49.

BMW used the 1.5-litre straight four M10 engine which in stock trim produced 75hp. Those crazy bastards at BMW Motorsport slapped a huge turbo, boosted it with 81psi (yes, 81psi) and increased the power to 1500bhp. Imagine the compression ratio on that engine. Essentially 1st gear was as fast as a Geo Metro, then 2nd to 6th was screaming murder.

Srsly...twenty-fold increase in horsepower. I would shit in my pants with that kind of power. Not to mention cream it at the same time. :p

No it's not a BS claim. It's quite true. It's not hard to get 25mpg on the highway with a V8. They have lots of power at low RPMs. SUVs and trucks, thats a different story, they weight 6000lbs. But a camaro weighs about 4000, and is fairly aerodynamic compared to a truck.
My 4.0 gets like 25-27mpg on the freeway, so why cant a 4.6 or 5.7 aluminum block get 23?

Cant stay on the freeway for ever, plus its an old V8. Its a bs claim I get around 240-260 miles per tank (14 gallons) on combined driving on a I4 2.4L(20 city/27hw). How do you expect a V8 to get 200 miles on 7 gallons on combined driving? 91 I dont think they even had those rooms where they see the aerodynamic drag especially on a domestic.

Anyways on the eclipse was it a GST or GSX? It looks rice but seems like it pulls hard tho.

Yeah. I wonder what the powerband looks like though :p

Basically it'll take forever to get to speed in 1st gear, then once you hit 2nd gear you'll be screaming bloody murder followed by similar experiences in all the other gears. :p

Anyways on the eclipse was it a GST or GSX? It looks rice but seems like it pulls hard tho.
GST. Yeah, it's probably pretty quick, but how can you respect something that looks like that :p

Anyway, the cheapest 5th gen Mustang GT I can find around here is $18k, and doesn't look so nice...it's red, but it looks faded or something. Maybe it's just the camera. I'd love a Mustang with one of these guys though:
http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1131

GST. Yeah, it's probably pretty quick, but how can you respect something that looks like that :p

Anyway, the cheapest 5th gen Mustang GT I can find around here is $18k, and doesn't look so nice...it's red, but it looks faded or something. Maybe it's just the camera. I'd love a Mustang with one of these guys though:
http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1131

Yeah I know looks ugly. Eclipses are known for breaking down, GSX would have pulled harder AWD on that thing. I wouldnt get a mustang.

The GS-X would be quicker from a dig, but a GS-T with the same amount of power as the GS-X would have the advantage from a roll.

Back
Top Bottom