Went to look at a car

I would barely be driving on the highway. Maybe once a week max.

The SRT-4 just suits my needs. It's cheap and very fast for the price. I want something with low miles that'll last, and I can't get that from a Mustang GT in my price range. Parts are dirt cheap, and it can be made really fast for relatively cheap. 300 horsepower on the stock turbo can be had for under $1,000 and if you put on a big turbo these things can make some big numbers.

To add significant power to a Mustang, you're gonna have to supercharge it. $$$ that I don't have. A $150 wastegate for the SRT-4 will give it a big power boost, with a few supporting mods if you want to take the boost a lot higher. I think the record is around 330hp and 350ft lbs torque on the stock turbo. When the car only weighs 2900lbs, that'll move you.

Sure RWD would be nice, but I don't really need it. There are guys who run 11s with their Neon "turds". If I found a good deal on a 5th gen Mustang GT of course I'd jump on it, but they're expensive, and I don't really want a 4th gen.

And again, I'm not even considering that Eclipse. I just thought it was funny.
Well, a mustang has that kind of power stock, but the thing about the SRT-4 that is cool, is that no body has one, there are way too many mustangs out there though.

The 4.6L makes 320hp 330lb-ft. While the 5.4L makes 500hp/ 480 lb-ft. Not too bad for naturally aspirated.

You can pick up some nice Gen 5 mustangs for about 15k
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/ctd/902657951.html

Same here, I hardly see SRT-4's around here.

Edit: Stock turbo SRT's lose boost bad towards redline.

What's that?

IMG_1725.jpg

let me change that...
run Rubber314Chicken....RUN!! Cabbs is gonna get you lolz :p :p

Same here, I hardly see SRT-4's around here.

Edit: Stock turbo SRT's lose boost bad towards redline.

What I was referring to is a buddy of mine who blew off his tubing at the intercooler and was running vacuum... thing was so slow it was hilarious lol

That engine is built specifially for the turbo, if you lose it you're dead.

Oh, that's not good either. The SRT-4 engine without a turbo makes around 140 WHP. A guy was swapping one into his first gen Neon and for whatever reason didn't have the turbo on at the time.

Back
Top Bottom