Went to look at a car

Little bit ricey there... Like Alvino said, you can pick up a nice used BMW for that price.

For that price, why not buy a nice new hyundai sonata?

What about a new F-150? You could get one for 14K with auto and air no problems.
I wouldn't drive a Hyundai and he probably wouldn't either, and it looks more like he wants a car.

I hope that eclipse had a 4G63 and not a 420A. And if it was a 420A, it better be built.

For that price, why not buy a nice new hyundai sonata?

What about a new F-150? You could get one for 14K with auto and air no problems.
Quite true... Trucks are on huge sale.

But I was reading a mustang mag the other day, "Mustangs and Fast Fords: your 5.0 and 4.6 power source" and they were talking about the future of the Mustang. Will the 4.6 and 5.0 Mustangs still be around in a couple years? Ford could go with a nice twin turbo 3.0 and get power still. Then it went on with the killer line, "SUVs and big gas-guzzilng motors were all the rage back in the glory days of $2.50 gas..." Gas is below that price now, and maybe it will hold for some time...

On another note, 2010 F-150, going to be an amazing truck. Small diesel motor. The 2009 Dodge Ram has 4-link suspension, which is really nice for a truck that doesnt do much towing.

If I were you, I would pick up a Mustang. Those 4.6L and 5.0s can get some damn good mileage... The writer of the above article got 26mpg on the freeway with a GT500...

Do something like this:

Wow a .73 5th gear and 3.08 rear end, this thing will be idling going down the highway, lol. I cannot wait to see some videos.
got to love that thought thou. bombin down the freeway and deside to just cruse, pop it over in to 5th and just take your foot off the gas. my buddys camaro does that... took a road trip to portland and got better gas mileage then my ladys honda..LOL...crazy huh over 30 mpg in a V8!!!

You could do it with a Mustang too. 3.08 gears are easy to find, or even lower ratios.
What kind of driving do you do mostly?

Normal city driving isn't the greatest with a V8 though. I still think you should look for a RWD car though.

Haha, yeah, I left out the part where the guy that got 26mpg in a gt500, got less then half that when in the city.

Trucks and huge cars are on sale because gas will always go up and up and up and we're starting to figure this out. It took the economy taking a dump to bring it back down to where we can actually afford it again. I don't know why anyone would want a truck unless they actually need to haul stuff around or are very enthusiastic about off-roading.

back in 91 I had a 91 Z-28 with a 5.7L (350) I drove 200 miles on a 1/2 tank. (only holds 14 gal) with 4 friends in the car and the ac going.
that's about 28mpg. v8 cars can get good mileage when you take it easy on the gas pedal. a engine that doesn't have to work hard is more efficient. a vehicle with a good power to weight ratio can get excellent gas mileage and still have the power to have some fun.

lol i'd pay 1000 max for that eclipse because of the mods, then i'd sell it to some dumb kid that thinks its cool and let him blow it. and wow dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee www.cars.com www.craigslist.org ........... come on!! sr-t4's are like 10-13k on here and u can talk them down a bit also....

lol i'd pay 1000 max for that eclipse because of the mods, then i'd sell it to some dumb kid that thinks its cool and let him blow it. and wow dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee www.cars.com www.craigslist.org ........... come on!! sr-t4's are like 10-13k on here and u can talk them down a bit also....

not to mention.......it's still a frigging dodge NEON.
you can polish a turd but it's still a turd.:D

Quite true. SRT-4s are ok, but I prefer naturally aspirated motors for at least the first 200hp or so. After that, then it can hit the turbo. Feeling the turbo hit is pretty cool, but it's even cooler to have 225ft-lbs all off the line/green light.

Back
Top Bottom